Question about Kitchen Appliances - Others

1 Answer

We plan to put thelow voltage under cabinet lighting transformer in the upper cabinet to the left of the ktichen sink. There will be 3 1/2" crown molding at the ceiling above the sink. Can we run the cable behind the crown molding to take the lighting to the cabinets to the right of the sink?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 8,197 Answers

Yes you can run the wire behind the crown to get to the other cabinets. I do it all the time when I install kitchens. Just make sure that you tack it in the corner before you install the crown. The reason why is so you go not put a nail in it when you put the crown up.

Good Luck and please rate 4 thumbs up for the free answer

Posted on Sep 05, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My prof. Frigidaire DW does not start or even lights up as if no power to it.

Have to start by checking is it plugged in under sink or is power cord not visible going through the cabinet.. Also check voltage at the small junction box behind first kick panel on machine. If no power there then outlet under sink. Then is breaker on and good.

Feb 02, 2015 | Frigidaire Dishwashers

1 Answer

I am replacing my sink, medicine cabinet and adding a small cabinet below the sink. I need to know how to remove the old and install the new.

The task you are embarking on is a great DYI project. But, be forewarned, it can get tricky. First, make sure the new sink will fit in the space of the old sink. If not do you have enough space for the new sink to fit securely against the wall? Next, remove the cabinet. There should be about four screws. You may also have to use a razor to cut calking from around the outside of the cabinet. Sometimes it's used to fill-in gaps between the tile and cabinet. Remove the cabinet. If the cabinet is setting in the wall, make sure you check and see where the support beams are located. If you are not putting in another wall cabinet, then you will have to know what kind of wall you have. Sheet rock, no problem. Plaster requires a bit more work. Measure the hole, and then you will need chicken wire, lime, plaster, paint, and matching tile. Fasten the wire to beams in the wall. The wire will hold the plaster in place. Let dry, sand smooth then paint. If you have sheet rock walls measure the hole cut the sheet rock to fit. Fasten it to the beams, use plaster or Spackle to cover the holes from the screws. You will need sheet rock tape to hide the space between the existing wall and the sheet rock patch. Smooth on cover the tape with Spackle, smooth by sanding.

To remove the sink: first, turn off the main water supply. Get a pipe wrench and remove any connections. If you're not familiar with plumbing you may want to get a plumber to attach the connections.

Putting a cabinet under the sink is the easy part. Make sure you have the right size cabinet. Get a leveler; make sure the sink and cabinet are level. Depending on your walls, you can just screw the cabinet to the wall. If they are plaster walls you will need wall anchors. That should do it. Enjoy

Feb 23, 2013 | Plumbing

1 Answer

I am looking at a 480v fed chiller. It seems to be wired so they can also drive a 120v pump from the same 480v feed. Is this possible?

From what I found, 480 volt, 3-phase is 480 volts from leg to leg.
It is also 277 volts from each leg to neutral.
One can use a step down transformer to reduce the 480, 3-phase to 208 v, 3-phase and then each leg of the transformed voltage would be 120 volts to neutral. Try to locate the transformer in or near the chiller control cabinet.

Dec 23, 2010 | Mr Steam TRANSFORMER 1/4 KVA 480V/120V

1 Answer

Gas gauge doesnt work

Most likely the Float in the tank is bad and to find the Float,Put the car on a Car Rack get under at the tank and it should have a place on upper left to REPLACE THE fLOAT,BUT YOU NEED TO GET MOST OF GAS OUT OF TANK and good luck on finding a float for 89 Crown Vick.

Dec 10, 2010 | 1989 Ford Crown Victoria

1 Answer

Where do you put a floor jack on a 1996 crown victoria

Under any part of the steel frame block of wood always helps bolt heads and ends sink into the wood to avoid damage to threads

Sep 09, 2010 | 1996 Ford Crown Victoria

1 Answer

Ater the electric company spiked my house I am left with a CAL cl-15 blowing fuses and a Classe CA-201 with a dead left channel. Any thoughts?

Anything that blows a fuse has an overload caused by a faulty part. The suspects are the transformer, rectifier, voltage regulator and the large Electrolitic capacitors - all in the power supply section. In amps the devices on the heat sink can cause the fuse to blow.
Again the main suspect in the dead left device is also whatever is on the heat sink. However if can't hear any music etc playing even at full volume on the left you could have lost the left pre-amp stage, but I myself would stick to whatever is on the heat sink as the cause of the trouble.

Dec 05, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

How to anchor garage cabinet to wall. Cabinet will be off the floor and large (4' X8'). Will finding the wall studs and anchoring with screws be enough ?

I would add 2x4 angle bracing from under the cabinet to the wall, if you plan to put any weight into the cabinets.

Sep 15, 2009 | Black & Decker Drills

1 Answer

Under cabinet light not working

probably not defective bulbs. Flourescents use either a starter and transformer or a ballast. When lights are weak, could be either. Very simple to change too. One other thing, could be connections that go into the lamp holders. If not good connections, light will be dim. On a stretch, if unit is located in an area that us lower than about 50 degrees, this could cause them to be dim. Check ratings on ballast/ starter and transformer. Finally, if voltage is either too high or too low, this could be a dimming problem too. If it has worked in the past, and this is a current problem, then chances are it's not the voltage but may want to check it anyway to eliminate that possibility.

Feb 05, 2009 | Jenn-Air Attrezzi JSM900 Stand Mixer

1 Answer

Transformer has failed in my Trutech M#KLV3112

The transformer should have the input and output rating labeled on the unit itself. Such as input 110vac, output ...... dc.

Jan 14, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I need to unplug and move a built-in Maytag dishwasher

Follow these steps:

1. Locate the electrical service breaker for your appliance and turn it off at the breaker panel. If it is plugged in by a serivce outlet, unplug the unit.
2. Turn off the water source under the sink.
3. Disconnect the drain line under the sink.
4. Remove the lower panel under the dishwasher door.
5. Locate the small electrical junction box under the dishwasher and disconnect the wires leads. Remember, standard household wiring is as follows: BLACK (HOT - 110-120VAC), WHITE (NEUTRAL - 0VAC, GREEN (or bare copper) is GROUND. Make sure you reconnect the wires in this fashion with wire lug nuts. If you have a local outlet plug you may leave the wiring instact.
6. Locate the fill valve (Usually on the left hand side of the dishwasher). This is where the water supply line connects. Disconnect the water supply line from the fill valve.
7. The dishwasher should have a couple of mounting screws located where the top of the dishwasher cabinet meets the underside of the cabinet.
8. With everything removed, the dishwasher should now be free and slide out from under the cabinet.

Let me know if you have further questions. I hope this helps you.

NOTE: You can also remove the water supply line at the fitting under the sink if it makes things easier.

Jul 24, 2008 | Maytag Dishwashers

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kitchen Appliances - Others Logo

Related Topics:

73 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Appliances - Others Experts

Angel Joseph Jr.
Angel Joseph Jr.

Level 2 Expert

684 Answers


Level 3 Expert

78919 Answers

Irene Tulloch

Level 2 Expert

483 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Appliances - Other Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides