Question about Altec Lansing Multimedia Computer Speakers
You need to open the subwoofer box and see what's the wire pulled and you need a soldering iron..
Posted on Jan 09, 2014
The only way is o replace the wires from end to end.. you may have to do some soldering inside the subwoofer and the satellite speakers
Posted on May 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dismantling Altec Lansing VS 2221 speakers to clean the switch/volume control
Tools: a medium Phillips screwdriver, a craft knife & a can of CO contact cleaner & extension.
1. Remove switch/volume control knob by pulling it off
2. Pull out the base for the stand if attached
3. Unscrew the 2 screws beside the wires
4. Remove the front gauze by prising it out from one of the bottom corners. Keep the gauze straight as it will need to be put back from the bottom to the top.
5. Remove the 2 screws at the top and the 4 long screws holding the speaker. The back will come apart from the front and sides. If it has been glued then use the craft knife to carefully cut the back away from the sides and/or prise it away with a little pressure on the sides.
6. Attach the extension to the can of contact cleaner.
7. Lift the circuit board out and squirt only the switch/volume control. Ensure you squirt the shaft and the internal parts of the switch/volume control. Turn the shaft a few times.
8. Allow the contact cleaner at least 1 hour to dry.
9. Test the speakers. If the noise is still there then repeat steps 6-9.
10. To assemble the speaker do the steps 1-5 in the opposite order.
I hope this is helpful
Jan 26, 2010 | Altec Lansing VS2221 Computer Speakers
Apr 26, 2009 | Creative Labs Inspire T3030 Computer...
Dec 19, 2008 | Bose Companion III Computer Speakers
Mar 27, 2008 | Altec Lansing ADA425 3-piece 30-watt...
Jan 17, 2008 | Creative Labs Inspire T2900 Computer...
Jun 27, 2007 | Altec Lansing Multimedia Computer Speakers
Dec 01, 2006 | Dell ADA745 Computer Speakers
Mar 11, 2006 | Logitech X-530 5.1 Channel Speaker System...
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!