Question about KLH ASW10-120 Subwoofer

2 Answers

Burning smell I had moved from an apt to my home a few months ago - I had plugged my sub in and i started to notice a burning smell - I had replaced the fuse as i noticed it had blown - But then the fuse would keep on blowing - i took off the back panel of the sub and noticed that part of the circuit board and wiring had been fried - the rest of the circuit board appeared to be fine - Can this be repaired by myself or a repair shop - or can it be even repaired - i am strapped for cash since buying a new home and need my theatre system to work - any suggestions?

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 53 Answers

The amps do have issues that is for sure - That is where I step in - I can repair your amp and make it so it won't burn up (catch on fire) again. When the amp goes it burns a hole in the board - but it can be repaired. I have done several hundred and all customers are happy :) ... Look for my add here and also on ebay

Posted on Oct 23, 2011

  • Michael Edwards
    Michael Edwards Oct 23, 2011

    No reason to junk the amp - once repaired and upgraded the amp / sub will live a very productive life - the original amp is just a pos - but its not the amp fault - its the companies fault for puting in sub par parts and such that let the amp die ... Thus they want you to buy another one that will die - we fix it and upgrade it so it won't burn up - unless of course you abuse the shiet out of it. Then any amp you buy velodyne or sunfire will nuke as well.

×

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

JUNK IT. These things are FIRE hazzards! The same thing happened to mine, and a lot of other people. READ about others on line.

Posted on Dec 13, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Smoking from under hood


A leak of some fluid, probably oil, dripping onto the exhaust. This smells terrible, and it only needs a drop or two.

Jan 22, 2014 | Honda Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

Oil smell smells like it is burning oil last oil change was 3 months ago


Common causes of smelling "burning" oil are:
  1. a leak in the valve cover gasket. When oil leaks from the valve cover gasket, it will often burn off on the manifold.
  2. a blown oil seal causing oil to burn off on the exhaust system
  3. check your exhaust for "blue smoke" a sign that the engine is actually burning oil. Just guessing here but a 16 year old Volvo is bound to have quite a few miles on it.
I hope you found this post helpful in diagnosing your problem. Thank you for using Fixya! Greg

Feb 18, 2011 | 1994 Volvo 940

1 Answer

We purchased this product a month ago and it seems to be giving off a burning type of smell which we can smell both outside the vent and in the dryer itself. it seems to work fine


If it smells like an oily burn then it is just the oil burning off of the new parts in dryer, this is common. If it smells like electrical burning then call the manufacturer for repair. Could be a wire burning and if it is new it is covered under warranty.

Jun 14, 2010 | Whirlpool WED5800S Electric Dryer

1 Answer

Starter and wiring


maybe burning smell is comes from the starter,i think the magnetic field of the starter is burned,check it

Feb 19, 2010 | 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder

2 Answers

2003 Jeep Liberty has burning smell when stopped. Have had MIL come on periodically the past 6 months but it would go away. The first time it came on I freaked and took Jeep into my mechanic. He told me a...


You need to find out what is causing the MIL (or CEL). Take it to an AutoZone or O'Reilly's and get the codes read. WRITE THEM DOWN, and report them back here.

I've got a '03 Jeep Cherokee, and one of the main issues I have had is bad evaporative emissions hoses. Chrysler used the wrong rubber formulation.

But, the burning smell could be a different issue altogether from the CEL issue, or may be combined. You will need to locate the source of the smell, and we can help you further.
I will say that if your not very mechanically inclined, you may have trouble diagnosing and making the repairs.

Dec 16, 2009 | 2003 Jeep Liberty

1 Answer

Burning smell on right side (facing tv)


contact a repairer ur wire inside tv has burnt

Sep 03, 2009 | Philips 30PW8420 TV

1 Answer

My car wont start


Check that the earth wire from the engine to the chassis is ok

Jan 07, 2009 | 2000 Toyota Camry

1 Answer

Burning Smell


no check wiring connector at the motor and the capasitor connectoions, lid switch connections

May 10, 2008 | Washing Machines

2 Answers

It´s a wd420. We


Did who ever install this machine make sure that it was installed correctly and draining properly. The burning smell will go away with time.

Apr 13, 2008 | Washing Machines

1 Answer

Alpine mrp-m650 amp cutting out


Some AMPs have a thermal cutout, that switches the amp off if it gets too HOT.

But this sounds like your amp or sub is screwed, either there is to much resistance in your sub, eg: Burnt voice coil, carbon builds up on the coil stopping the sub from moving freely. Push on the cone of the sub & listen for a scrapeing sound.
or test this by continuity testing the sub terminals & pushing the cone if the BUZZER on the MultiMeter cuts in & out as you push & release then your sub is screwed. ( a certain amount of repeatative pushing it may free up the voice coil.)

or your Amp may have blown a internal fault that will have to be sent of for repair.

Or you have a incorrectly rated fuse for your system,

or the battery cant kope with the power surges???
THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AS YOU HAVE A POWER-CAP!!!

Dec 19, 2007 | Alpine MRP-M650 Car Audio Amplifier

Not finding what you are looking for?
KLH ASW10-120 Subwoofer Logo

528 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top KLH Audio Players & Recorders Experts

 Grubhead
Grubhead

Level 3 Expert

4997 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

73491 Answers

Electro Med Services...
Electro Med Services...

Level 3 Expert

6694 Answers

Are you a KLH Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...