Question about LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator
I need to install a new funnel assembly on my LG Side by side fridge (LRSC-26922TT).
You will need to remove the front display panel to get into the funnel frame. Look at the bottom of the frame and you will see a little slot to slide a screwdriver in. With your screwdriver, insert it into the hole and pry gently. You will hear snaps and cracks as it comes apart. It may sound like the plastic is breaking but that is normal. Once you remove the display panel, you will see the frame and just replace it with the new one.
Posted on Jun 08, 2008
Thanks to CoolTech I started this fix. I was thinking just the display panel comes out. Actually the whole surround pops out. Once is heard the first "pop" I used a putty knife that was taped up so metal would not tough the outside surface of the refrig.
PULL THE POWER PLUG!!!!!!!
1) There is a disconnect on the back of the display panel. You can set aside the whole thing.
2) two brass screws hold the tray but to pull it out there is another wire disconnect. You will need a smaller phillips head screwdriver to move the lever assembly from the old frame to the new frame. The wires just tuck around the frame. Take some digital pictures before disassembly if needed.
3) reverse to put everything back together. Remember the wire to the display panel has to go throgh the big square hole on the frame.
4) to put the display panel surround back on I starte with the top and just kinda wacked the sides with my fist to "pop" everything back in.
5) Plug back in the power. Voila!!!!!!
Posted on Jul 12, 2008
Instead of a screwdriver I found if you use tje handy combo bottle opener/paint can opener with a cloth against the door you get a good angle to pop loose the panel
Posted on Aug 15, 2009
Great advice from everyone!!!! The pictures were a big help!
Posted on Oct 07, 2010
Same problem with mine. I guess I will try the screwdrive trick and hope I don't break the faceplate.
Posted on Jun 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2011 | LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator
Jun 28, 2011 | LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator
Jan 17, 2011 | LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator
Sep 10, 2009 | LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator
Aug 05, 2009 | LG LRSC-26930 Side by Side Refrigerator
Jul 22, 2009 | LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator
Jul 08, 2009 | LG Refrigerators
Jan 12, 2009 | LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator
Apr 21, 2008 | LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator
Jan 27, 2008 | LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator
Jun 10, 2014 | LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator
1,004 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: