A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Usually motherboard either works or doesn't work. It won't make computer runs slow. Your computer runs slow mostly because of low memory, low diskspace available, driver issue, virus, or spyware. If you surf the web a lot, chance is your computer got spyware or malware. Install a free malware program and use it to clean up your laptop first to see if the problem is improving.
Windows Vista updates are distributed in service packs. Service packs help keep Windows Vista current, and they can extend and update the functionality of your computer. This article describes three step-by-step methods that you can use to obtain the latest service pack for Windows Vista. However, before you select the method that you want to use, please make sure that the following conditions are true:
The service pack is not already installed on your computer. You are logged on to your computer by using a user account that is a computer administrator. The computer on which you want to install the service pack is connected to the Internet. If you are not sure that all these conditions are true, please see the "Before you try to download the latest Windows Vista service pack" section. Otherwise, select the method that you want to use to download and install the service pack.
Methods to download the latest service pack
Method 1: Turn on Automatic Updates (Recommended for most users) Method 2: Check for updates on Windows Update (Same as Method 1 but not automatic) Method 3: Obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack from the Microsoft Download Center (Good to use if the computer on which you want to install the service pack is not connected to the Internet) Important: Windows Update may not offer the latest Windows Vista service pack to some users. This issue can occur for several reasons. For a full list of causes and resolutions, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
948343 Windows Vista service packs are not available for installation from Windows Update and are not offered by Automatic Updates
Computers are used to make our tasks easier and perform them in shortspan of time. However, if your computer starts working slow, then thereis no major significance of having it and using it to carry out varioustasks. Many people get frustrated with the slow performance of their PCand end up spending money by upgrading memory or even sometimes bypurchasing a new computer to get rid of slow performance. However, youcannot do it every time your PC becomes slow. You should look for amore efficient solution.
There are numerous ways to fix your slow computer without having to spend money or to carry your PC anywhere.
Computers can become slow due to several reasons. Given below are some of the possible reasons:
1. Low disk space available on the hard disk
2. Presence of excess temporary files
3. Corrupt registry entries
4. Large number of software applications installed on the computer
5. Presence of incompatible device driver in the system
6. Excess heating of computer
7. Corrupt data
8. Corrupt operating system
9. Presence of virus and other malicious software
There are various other problems which may slow down your computersystem. Now, let us highlight some important steps to fix the issues ofslow computer performance with Windows operating system. Note: Take abackup of your complete data before carrying out any steps.
1. Remove all the temporary files stored in your computer system. Thetemporary files are voracious eaters of system memory. So, the bestpractice to improve the system performance is to regularly delete thetemporary files from the computer.
2. Regain the hard disk space by launching the Disk clean up utilityprovided in the Windows operating system. If even after cleaning up thehard disk from unnecessary programs and files, the space available onthe hard disk is less, then you can uninstall old programs which arenot in use.
3. Update Windows by turning on the automatic update feature when connected to Internet.
4. Registry is a central database of any computer which maintains arecord of the activities and stores them in the form of registryentries like when you install any software application on your PC thenan entry is made in the registry about the installation of thesoftware. So, check for any registry error.
5. Install a good security suite like antivirus and antispywaresoftware and scan your system for the presence of any suspiciousprogram code installed on your computer and eating up your computermemory and remove it to make your system fast.
A computer is a machine which requires regular maintenance for showingbetter performance. Regular maintenance is the best way to improve theperformance of a slow computer.
Generally, a slow computer is either overheating (Use compressed air to try can clean out the air intakes and exhaust vents) or a HDD that is almost full (Go to MY COMPUTER, right click C:, Properties, and see if at least 15% of the Hard drive is free)
Some utilities like Advanced Windows Care (Download.com) may help improve performance
You can also check the BIOS and ensure speedstep is disabled
Ok on keyboard, press WINDOWS logo see start page comes up. using keypads arrow keys, access the control panel, find mouse, if you are using vista, set classic view. you may get around by tab key and up>down>rigth>left arrow keys.
Install driver again or use update \. come back start and shot down the computer by shotdown arrow, do not use brown button will not shotdown, it is stanby (On vista). Then turn on again see what you see>
If can not, Just use same system and reach out the system tools from accessories>system tools>Make defragmentation.
No result > make system restore. No result see tech.
You have to make sure that the scanner/printer driver is installed on the Vista system. Otherwise, it will not be detected. You can obtain the driver from Canon's download page and choose the one for Windows Vista.