Question about Hard Drives
Hi I have an e machine PC and i was having problems with my PC recognizing its hard drive so I took the hard drive out and placed it in another PC and it still did not recognize the drive. Is something wrong with my mother board. Is there anything I can do to save my PC? I have everything saved on that Hard Drive and I cannot access it..Please help
Go to My Computer right click and select properties and under Device manager click under Disk Drives uninstall the drive. If you cannot see your hard drive then select scan for hardware changes. Also when you start your computer click on F12 and go into BIOS settings and check if you can see your hard drives
Posted on Oct 05, 2014
You said that the HDD didn't get recognized even when it was connected to another computer. In that case, the problem is with your hard disk drive, not with *********** board. Get the hard disk checked by a technician.
Posted on May 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 18, 2015 | SimpleTech SimpleDrive 250 GB External USB...
Jan 25, 2011 | Western Digital Elements powered by WD 320...
Your problem could be any one of these issues:
1. Faulty USB port on PC: Try a different computer or laptop
2. Faulty USB cable: Try a different Cable
3. Corrupt memory: Fix by an expert required such as www.SaveMyUSB.com
4. Faulty connections on main circuit inside the hard drive: Physical Fix by an expert required such as www.SaveMyUSB.com
5. Faulty controller chip (worst case scenario) : Direct flash memory read required by an expert required such as www.SaveMyUSB.com
Hope this helps and that it is 1 or 2 as 3, 4 and 5 will cost you money.
Jan 01, 2011 | Hitachi SimpleDrive Mini 250GB USB 20...
Jun 08, 2010 | Acomdata (HD160UE5-72) (HD160UE572) 160 GB...
Aug 13, 2009 | Seagate FreeAgent (ST305004FDA1E1-RK) 500...
Dec 29, 2008 | SimpleTech SimpleDrive Pininfarina 320GB...
Apr 05, 2008 | Acomdata (HD160UE5-72) (HD160UE572) 160 GB...
Jun 15, 2007 | Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250 GB Hard Drive
368 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!