Question about Canon i9900 InkJet Photo Printer
I read quite a few blogs looking for this problem, and one fellow had the same problem after replacing a cartridge, but noone knew of a solution. I'm inclined to think it's a tricky problem like a loose ribbon connector connected to the print head, or possibly a faulty print head (even though new). I couldn't find a clue on the net, but if I stumble across something I will report back in a followup.
Posted on Sep 07, 2010
Normally you will need to let the printer know that you have preformed any maintenance on it by clearing the error count after such an error occurs and is fixed it is normally listed under general or service options on the printer menu but you may need to look through the users manual
hope this helps
Posted on Sep 05, 2010
I know you already reset the ink absorber, but be certain you followed:
1) With the printer powered off, hold down the resume button and press the power button.
2) While holding down the power button, release the resume button and press the resume button twice in succession. Now release the power button. The indicator will blink in green and remain lit in green.
3) Press resume 4 times (Green) for Waste ink counter reset.
4) press the power button. The printer will switch itself off after performing the function.
If you have already performed those steps, I'd suggest to reinstall the printer driver:
Go to Printers and Faxes and delete your printer icon.
Note: Here's how to delete a printer icon in Windows 7:
1. Open Printers by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Printers.
2. Right-click the printer that you want to remove, and then click Delete.
If you can't delete the printer, right-click it again, click Run as administrator, and then click Delete. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Disconnect the USB cable.
Restart your computer.
Reconnect the USB to your computer.
Your computer should see your printer. Install the printer driver.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power LED is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the LED lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the
function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.)
The number of the Reset
LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset See waste ink counter reset
5 times Orange Destination setting See Destination setting
6 times Green Print head deep cleaning
11 times Orange Button / LCD checking
12 or more times Returns to a menu selection
Nov 16, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 07, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 09, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 11, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 19, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 16, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 24, 2008 | Canon MP140 PHOTO AIO All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 25, 2017 | Canon i9900 InkJet Photo Printer
132 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!