I've faithfully used by little yellow Steam Buggy to clean tight corners in my replacement windows and was always to get them looking new again and many other small places that needed blown out with steam when wiping or even scrubbing with a toothbrush doesn't work. I started to use it today and the steam started to come out around the black cap. After searching for a solution on the net I was very disappointed to find everyone else was having the same problem with no real solution. I had my hubby look at it and he said the gasket was worn and slip an o-ring on top of the gasket and now it back to working fine.
Just wanted to pass it along. A 10cent O ring will fix it.
This happened to me also and I checked the hose and found it to be hot but the steam seemed to be trapped and exhausted through the seal cap. I then found the hose had hardened. I shut the machine off and waited until it was safe to re-open the seal cap and poured out what water was left over. I discovered there was a significant amount of sediment built up (perhaps inside the hose) that was the likely source of the steam being trapped. I LOVE the quality of this machine when it's working but need access to helpful resources to solve these kind of problems.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I suspect you have done something on this by now but . . . You need to pry out a plastic cap/insert in the top of the handle. Beneath it are 1-2 screws to remove. The halves will then come apart. I have mine broken down but have no idea what to do now. It is not making steam. Reply if you have any thoughts.
The threads have probably stuck together with limescale. Push down with reasonable force while turning the cap, like you would if you were trying to get in one of the childproof bottles. This should crack the limecale and allow you to take it off. Then descale the threads on the top and machine using kalstop or whatever you use.
Had the same problem with a polti vaporetto 1500 ( vtt 1500 ) after butchering the big valve on the top I realised that the problem was that there was a blockage in the black pipe that comes from the machine to the trigger, the pipe that carries the steam in other words, so I got a piece of wire ( brake cable form a bike shop ) long enough to go at least half way down the pipe and then I pushed the wire down the hole at the trigger end and then from the other end that joins to the polti and hey presto the blockage was gone and the machine works fine again. If you use the machine again after you have cleared the blockage from the pipe you should be able to remove the valve from the top remeber that the water is now steam so it is very hot and will burn you so be carefull when opening the valve when hot I think that you will have to open it when it is warm not hot as what has happened is that scale has got in the threads of the valve and sealed it, so if you get it undone ( try pushing it down hard as you turn it Whilst it is warm only not hot ) then get some kettle descaler and put some in a bowl of hot water and put the valve threaded end in the descaler for 10 minutes to get rid of the scale and in the mean time put some descaler around the threads on the polti where the valve goes this will allow the valve to screw back on easily and you will be back to normal use again remember to keep the valve screw threads free of scale in the future I have only just reallised this so dont feel alone.