My cycle gets stuck at the end gives me error code 11 F. I have tried unplugging the machine but it comes on right where it left off. Now the door is stuck locked and I can't even get the wet clothes out of it. Is there any way to reset it?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Whirlpool Duet Washer
I don't know if you can reset the error, tncarter. The "F11" error is a Serial Communications problem between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU). Bascially this a communications problem between the main computer (the brains of the washer) and the motor controller which drives the wash tub motor. This is usually an indication of a failed main computer.
If you remove the lower panel under the door, there is a tech sheet provided by the manufacturer that explains all the fault codes and how to troubleshoot them. There's also helpful diagrams to assist in locating components. The panel is removed by taking the three torx type screws off under the bottom edge. HINT: Propping up the front feet of the washer with something can help accessing the screws much easier. The tech sheet will be directly behind the bottom panel, or located along the interior cabinet walls.
Now, to get the door open so you can get to your clothes: First, UNPLUG the washer. With the bottom panel removed, reach behind the the front panel from the bottom on the side where the door latch is located. Feel for a round tab at the bottom of the door latch and pull straight DOWN. This is the manual release for the door.
You can run diagnostics by referring to the tech sheet as well. Try running the diagnostics sequence to see if the problem persists. If there is no tech sheet available, or you need further assistance, please post back and let me know.
Most parts you need can be found at repairclinic.com. Just type in your model number in the Search menu and a complete parts index is available. Searspartsdirect.com also carries the parts, but at a higher price. The sears website includes helpful diagrams that the previous site does not, however.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
My guess is it is detecting suds lock. If the motor stalls due to over-sudsing then the control will make 6 attemps to fix it before ending the cycle. Sometimes if it is unsolvable the control declares an error. Remove the base panel and find the tech sheet. It gives explanations of error codes and diagnostics. Then do a clean out of your pump filter. It may also solve the problem. More here .
It is saying there is a problem with your door Lock. when you close the door does it hold like it use too? try to open and close the door if it doesn't really close properly then you will just need a door latch. If the machine gives you an f11 code then its the main computer board that can also give your the door lock error. I would check the door first though.
This error code indicates that the door is not locking. Is the washer door firmly shut?
The door must be completely closed for the washer to operate. The door may look as if it's closed, but it may not be latched. Open the door and firmly close it. Were you washing a large load?
Before you close the washer door, check for laundry items sticking out beyond the door opening. Leave enough space in the washer to allow the clothes to freely tumble. Reduce your load size if needed. To remove the error display, press Pause/Cancel twice.
If Pause/Cancel does not work:
Unplug the washer or disconnect the power for one minute.
Plug in the washer or reconnect the power.
Re-select the cycle and press Start.
NOTE: If the error remains on the display, and all of the other conditions above have been checked, call for service.
After about year and half Whirlpool duet sport gave F01 error code. The technician manual is located under the lower front panel. There are three possible reasons for F0:
1) EEPROM ERROOR. Unplug a washer for two minutes. Try running it again. (Did not work for me).
2) MAIN RELAYS ERROR. The tech manual suggests replacing CCU. The following is what I did and it fixed the problem, however. Unplug the washer. Remove the top cover by removing the three screws on the back. The CCU unit is in the right bottom corner if standing in front of the washer – it has a lot of wiring. Plug in the unit. While listening to the CCU start any washing cycle. After pressing START you should hear the relay to click. If it clicks twice, within a less than a second, it has a problem. Unplug the washer. Without disconnecting any wires remove the CCU cage from the washer wall. Stand now on the right hand side of the washer in such way that the CCU cage is under your left hand. Pull the right upper corner of the CCU plastic cage (it has a tab) away from you, slide the cage to the right by about an inch, and pull the entire cage away from you. Now knock on the back side of the cage 4-5 times with a bit of force (watch “Armageddon” movie for more instructions on it). Install the CCU cage back. Plug in the unit. Try some washing cycle again. If it did not help, repeat the procedure. If it did not work again, see the following.
3) PUMP DRIVE ERROR. The tech manual suggests replacing CCU.
Our machine was giving the HF code at 37 min after over filling with water. I unplugged the machine, popped the top (took the 3 torx screws off the back) pulled the small hose off the pressure switch sensor (round sensor on the upper back right of the machine) and blew it out just by mouth. It obviously cleared some junk. It works fine now. (also unplugged the 6 wires on the sensor, turned it around and blew on that and heard it clicking, so I knew that was ok.) Hope this helps someone.