Question about Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
1. Test power adapter for output voltage. Bend the power cable in various directions while doing this to be sure that there is no broken conductors in the cable.
2. If power adapter is Ok, connect it & see if the power LED on the laptop will glow when you jiggle the power connector in various directions. If yes, then the DC jack might be loose or damaged, & need to be either re-soldered or replaced.
3. If not, then disassemble the laptop. Remove any components that attach to the laptop's motherboard first (e.g. battery, hard drive, RAM, wireless card, optical drive, ... etc.)
4. Next, remove the keyboard & the LCD screen.
5. Finally, unscrew all screws that hold the upper cover & lower cover together so that you could gain access to the motherboard.
6. Inspect the solder points connecting the DC jack to the motherboard. Make sure that none of them is loose. If any, re-solder them.
7. Inspect the center pin in the DC jack. Make sure that it is not broken or loose. If it is, then you might need to replace the DC jack.
8. When you are done, re-assemble back the laptop.
Posted on Sep 20, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 19, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite C845-S4230 14" LED...
Nov 06, 2012 | Sony VAIO CS Series Notebook PC...
Apr 25, 2010 | MSI Wind UmNotebook
Nov 30, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 03, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Oct 29, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Oct 02, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Sep 08, 2009 | Dell XPS M1730 Laptop Computer PC...
Jun 12, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 18, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A25-S207 Notebook
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: