- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please try the following:
1. Pop the Software Installation disk that came with your treo into your pc and allow it to autoplay.
2. After the disk begins playing, you will be prompted to choose your language-do so.
3. After a second a new dialog box will appear-Select the option "Change your syncronization method"
4. Select "Use Microsoft Outlook to manage Calendar, contacts, tasks and more.
5. Perform a hotsync
6. Open your versamail and hit the sync button
This is how I got it working. Don't use wireless sync software, someting is definitely buggy with it.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now
your t5 is UNSTABLE possibly due syncing to an old username from an old PDA.
To correct this:
-delete manually the doubles (PDS has a tool but none for outlook)
-perform hard reset on your t5
-hotsync - creating a new user name (do not use the old one)
-you will be asked to use the same profile name for the outlook
Then you should be good to go.
I was having the same problem, and I used Detect and Repair in Outlook. Now all is working fine. You will need the original CD that you installed from.
Hope this helps as none of the other things that I saw on any sites did until I tried this.
Click on the hotsync icon in your system tray and then click "custom". That will bring up the list of things you are configured to sync with (conduits). For each of the ones you have problems with, click that conduit and then make sure it's set to sync the way you want...desktop overrides, handheld overrides, syncronize, etc. Potentially you have some of them selected as "do nothing". What shows up when I click custom from hotsync are the following Outlook Conduits: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos. If you don't have those showing up, you need to update your Outlook conduits on your PC. If you have them, click to select the problem conduit, then click "change" and select what you want to have happen.
what software did you download for your outlook conduits? the installation cd already has the outlook conduits you need.. you just have to install palm desktop first then you'll be given options whether to sync your handheld with palm desktop or with outlook. choose sync with outlook
Hard-reset your Palm to erase all data (that usually involves pushing the small "reset" button on the back, then pressing the "power on" button until the device boots, and then pressing "up" to confirm the hard-reset)
After that, sync your palm. The sync software will ask if you want to use your existing profile or create a new one. Create a new one. Then the program will offer to sync your Outlook profile with your Palm. Click on "ok", and a message asking you to accept to sync your Outlook data with more than one profile will pop-up. Click on OK, again... and that's it!