Question about BenQ Joybook 8000 Notebook
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 20, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 22, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 05, 2014 | Xantrex Technology Xantrex Xpower...
Feb 27, 2012 | Dell Inspiron One 2305 Desktop Computer...
Jan 04, 2011 | BenQ Joybook 3000-01 Notebook
Jul 03, 2010 | Televison & Video
Jun 27, 2009 | Nokia 6230i Cellular Phone
Jun 14, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 28, 2009 | Xantrex Technology Xantrex Xpower...
Nov 17, 2007 | Compaq Presario R3000 Notebook
141 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!