3 Times I got the same problem. I am using 80 gb hdd as master and another 40 gb samsung as slave. I tried another sata hdd to instal by removing 80 gb hdd. After finished sata installation when again I tried to start pc using 80 gb as master it couldnt start. by making its a slave when i tried by another hdd then at Computer management of 2000 server i saw the harddisk has no singnature. then i ensure singnature but no partition. then i shall have to make new partition and lost all the data. Before this 2 times i faced the same problem. Samsung dealter replace hdd with new one but i had to lost my valuable data. And at my office i am still using 80 gb samsumg as 32 gb. the pc is pentium 3 500 mhz HP. Now I am afraid to Samsung Hdd.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Decide which hard drive will be the startup (master) drive. If this drive was the startup drive previously, or if it's a new hard drive, then the master drive designation will already be set.
2. To change the designation of a new drive to be a slave drive, skip to step 4.
3. To change the designation of an existing drive to be a slave drive: Turn off the computer, unplug the power cord, remove the drive from its drive bay, and disconnect the drive from its power cord and ribbon cable.
4. Check the hard drive documentation or the label on the drive itself for master/slave jumper settings.
5. Find the jumpers on the circuit board of the drive. Jumpers are plastic plugs with metal sleeves that form a circuit between a pair of pins. Jumper locations are labeled on the board with a J followed by a number (such as J20).
6. Use tweezers or very small pliers to remove or reposition the jumpers to the configuration shown in the documentation or on the disk label.
7. Install (or reinstall) the hard drive in the computer. (See "How to Install a Second Hard Drive.")
you are required to follow these steps below.
1 turn on your computer with HDD in it
2 Enter in to the BIOS by pressing F2 button
3 there entering in BIOS look for "Drive Configuration" it might be writen in some other words
4 there you will find ..."Hard drive SMART capacity" as enabled in box above.
5 Enter that box and Disable it.
6 Push F10 and reboot the machien.
Now you will be able to format , install etc on your hard drive hopefully
Go into the control panel. Press administrative tools. Select computer management. Under storage select disk management. Look for the hard drive. Make sure there isn't an additional partition on the drive. If there is you can change and delete partitions on this drive as well.
there are vaious ways
if u know how to make it slave hdd make it one by one on any desktop and run a disk defrag and scan along wd the consistancy check it is a time consuming process
ill suggest to format them it will take 20 min/hdd
this mainly depends on The Operating system, if your using Windows 2000 or above it should,nt be an issue.
sometimes there are limitations on 2 hard-drives sharing the same IDE channel on the mainboard.
Try putting the second hard-drive on the secondary motherboard slot, with it,s own individual cable.
If non of the above works, it,s possibly not formatting correctly.
you,ll need a program that zeros then formats the drive.
Hope this helps.
Mike @ Compurepair.
Three possible reasons: 1. Your IDE cable is defective or is not seated/plug in correctly. Try to replace or re-seat/re-insert; 2. The on-board disk management of the hard disk is corrupted/defective. There is no remedy except to replace the PCboard or the entire hard disk; 3. Your motherboard BIOS/CMOS needs to be flashed and/or something is wrong with the IDE interface.
Of the 3, # 1 is the most common.
Hope this be of help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.