Ok, so recently (about three weeks ago now) there was a lightning strike directly overhead that shut down my modem, and, after getting a new one, my computer functioned fine for 1 day and now the modem fails to recognize it vie the ethernet port, but works fine with my x-box 360 and laptop. I have tried switching ethernet wires, and it makes no difference. The computer itself says everything is functioning correctly. What do I do to get the ethernet port working again with my P.C? Many Thanks Nick
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You have 4 slots, capable of handling 4GB of memory but CAUTION: most machines come installed with 32 bit Windows OS. To maximize memory you must have 64 bit Windows OS. With 32 bit system, its probable that 1GB will be all your machine will handle.
If it is new and only a few weeks old, take it back to where you purchased it from as if you want the restore cd's from Acer, they will charge you $20 or $40 plus shipping.
I hope this helps.
What OS are you using? XP or Vista?
if its XP, go to: START>>>>ACCESSORIES>>>>STSTEM TOOLS>>>>>SYSTEM RESTORE.
set the restore dat to when it worked right.
let me know if this works.
Windows XP Drivers for the Acer Aspire T180 can be obtained for free at the following sites: Acer Pan-Am Support (Click Desktop, then click Aspire T180) Acer Europe Support (European support site, offers same drivers as Pan-Am site)
Perform a system recovery: Does not come with recovery cd's - there is a program that allows you to burn the disks or
1. If in Windows - Start - Programs - Acer empowering technology - Acer E-recovery management -
click on Restore at bottom then "Restore to factory default settings"
2. Or click on Burn disks instead of restore
3. if unable to ge into Windows then Alt/F10 during boot right after Acer splash screen on startup End User Technical Support and Service (USA only) For end user technical support, spare parts and service: 1.800.816.2237