Question about Yahoo Messenger
Here's how to troubleshoot microphone and speaker problems:
1. Click the Messenger menu and select Preferences. The Yahoo! Preferences window will open.
2. Under Category on the left, click Voice & Calls. in version 9 or Video & Voice in version 10.
3. Check the microphone and speaker settings:
- For Yahoo! Messenger 9.0, test your selected speaker by clicking the little Play arrow beside it. Then test your selected microphone by speaking into it, if it's working you'll see an animated level indicator.
- For Yahoo! Messenger 10, test your microphone and speakers by clicking the Open Video and Voice Setup link.
4. Check your system volume by clicking the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of your Windows Taskbar, located at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Drag the Volume bar to the top.
Remember: If the little speaker icon below that volume slider has a red circle with a slash through it (no symbol), your sound is muted. Click that speaker once to turn off muting.
- Next, if that didn't work, go to the Mixer, located below the volume bar or access it by double-clicking the Speaker icon in the Taskbar. Make sure that none of the options has been set to mute, and that all levels are set to above 50%.
Your microphone and speakers should now be functioning properly.
Here are some additional things to consider:
- If you're using a headset, make sure that the jacks are plugged in to the correct connectors on your computer and that you haven't accidentally selected a mute switch.
- If you're using a USB headset, make sure your USB connection is functioning properly. Try using another USB device in that connection to test to see if it works.
For more help regarding yahoo messenger, visit
Posted on Sep 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
May 08, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Dec 09, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Aug 26, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Mar 24, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Oct 12, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Aug 01, 2009 | Altec Lansing AHS302i Headset
Feb 18, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook
Oct 04, 2008 | Yahoo Messenger
393 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: