Question about Raypak Rp2100 Pool & Spa Heater Lonox 407k Btu Natural Gas Polymer Header Digital Rp407aenc

2 Answers

I have a small leak on my Raypak 2100 inlet pipe. It's coming from the pvc joint to the cpvc connector so I'm thinking it's a small crack that has developed over age (heater is ~12 years old). I'm thinking the best route is to replace the entire connector and pvc piping back to the main inlet pvc pipe. However, there seems to be some type of reducers between the main inlet pipe coming from the pump and the cpvc connectors to the heater. I'm wondering if this assembly is some kind of plumbing requirement or can I just take all of that out and go straight 2" pipe all the way to the cpvc connector. I have pics that I could send someone if that helps.

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Raypak Master
  • 1,378 Answers

Thank you for posting your question here on

Based on your description I assume you have 1-1/2" PVC into the 2" connector with a standard 2' x 1-1/2" schedule 40 reducer bushing. You would need a new connector set, a coupling, small length of PVC and another reducer bushing to make the new joint. You may get lucky and find a local source for what is called a pipe extender which would make this a little easier. It glues over the existing PVC and would 'extend' the pipe long enough once attached to then glue into the new connector with a reducer bushing. If you google 0301-15 extender you will see what I am talking about. If you do have 2" PVC then the part number changes to 0301-20.

If this answer does not fix your problem, please comment with additional details prior to rating the answer. Positive feedback is appreciated once your problem is solved!


Posted on Sep 04, 2010

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 990 Answers

You can run 2" all the way if you want. I f you have 1 1/2" coming from the filter you will have to bush it down at some point.
If it comes from the filter in a larger size it will be best to run that size to the heater but 2" probably wont hurt.

Posted on Sep 04, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Do I have to use PEX tubing for an on demand unit,or just regular tubing?

You need to use a tubing -- PEX, CPVC, copper or galvanize -- that will handle the high-temperature water coming out of your on-demand waterheater. High-temp PEX is usually red in color, but check the labeling to be sure. Regular PVC (white) plastic pipe is not recommended for hot water applications and can fail -- usually at the joints -- without warning. If rigid plastic is your thing, use CPVC (almond-yellow color) and the primer/glue combination labeled specifically for it.

Apr 05, 2017 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Fix copper tubing 1/2 " pipe

use pipe cutter to lop off end and sand the last 2-3 inches down with abrasive sand cloth. if you never braised before, i would recomend sharkbite plumbing fittings. comes in 1/2", which is what it looks like you have. it slides onto existing pipe (copper, pvc, cpvc and pex) and makes a seal, while the teeth inside keep it from coming off. there is a ring on the end that you can push in with a specific tool (which comes with some fittings) to remove it. they have extentions, valves, couplings and terminations in sharkbite. they sell them at any home depot. good luck and have fun

Feb 27, 2014 | Plumbing

1 Answer

I have a Raypak 2100 hooked up to my hot tub. It has always heated one degree a minute but now it is taking longer and longer to heat tub up. Anything I can do or do i need service?

Check your by-pass valves. You have one on the inlet and outlet pipes this should be closed or nearly so. And their is one inside the water header on the side of the heater. This is a spring loaded disc on a shaft and should move smoothly just from the water pressure coming into the heater. Sanding and cleaning the shaft and disc should fix this. Both of these keep the water from flowing to fast or to slow through the heat exchanger so it warms at the best rate.

Nov 25, 2010 | Raypak Hood shown but not included. A...

1 Answer

My 1042 Power Humidifier has water under the PVC pipe leading from the unit into the drain. Does that mean the unit itself is leaking water?

Hi, if the unit is leaking and it looks as though it is coming from the PVC pipe, more then likely its leaking at the unit its self where the pipe connects. Water will run down the pipe and drip down line. Dry it off and put your hand around where the PVC pipe screws into unit. Unless the pipe is cracked, this is where the leak is. If the fitting is a male or female threaded PVC fitting and a piece of PVC pipe that goes to the drain, you can repair this very easy. Just cut the pipe near the fitting with a hacksaw. Unscrew the fitting that goes to unit. Go to a hardware store like Home Depot, take the old fitting with you and buy a replacement. Buy a coupling, a small can of clear PVC glue and a small can or tube of pipe dope to put on the fitting threads. Screw the fitting in first and make sure it has pipe dope on it, get it tight with pliers. Take the pipe and coupling and glue it on the pipe. Put glue on the other end and slide it in the fitting that was where it was leaking before. Hold it in place for a few seconds. Once you put the glue on, be ready to put it together as it drys super fast and you cant take it apart once it sets. Very easy to repair and the parts cost pennys. Keep me posted. You can do this and will learn about plumbing! Good Luck.

Jan 24, 2010 | General Filters 1042-LH Humidifier

1 Answer

I have a Raypak 2100 digital, I have it professionally open and closed. The company opened the pool, but the heater does not come on. While looking over the heater(which I know nothing about)I have noticed...

that water leak would not keep the heater from coming on is there power to the heater check and see if it is on there is a switch on and off switch on the side of the heater, check and see if it is on

May 19, 2009 | Raypak Rp2100 Pool & Spa Heater Lonox 407k...

1 Answer

I have just bought a greenhouse and wpuld like to plumb water to it. The greenhouse is located 50 feet from my residence. I want to bury a line to the greenhouse but im not sure what kind of pipe i should...

The simplest installation would be CPVC pipe. PVC would be okay for cold water only, but don't believe you can buy PVC faucets, etc. (only CPVC).

The depth should be below the frost line for your region -- I looked for that, but it wasn't easily found. My guess is it's in the range of 4-5 feet.
But you should verify that, maybe thru the local building inspection agency.

No pipe (expandable or not) is going to be immune to freezing/bursting unless it's below the frost line.

If you drain/blowout the entire leg during the winter, it doesn't matter how deep you bury it. If there's no water in the line, it won't burst.

Apr 05, 2009 | Rion 8x8 Hobby Greenhouse

2 Answers

Condensation from small blower shorts out circuit board.

Put a plastic bag over the control board that will allow it to breath. you can add sealant to joint but you should clean the old off first. Then use some cork tape after sealant dries. You may also use pvc glue but it will never come out after that, but can be cut w/ saw if that becomes nessary.

Feb 01, 2009 | York Yankees Bedding MLB Comforter

2 Answers

Broken Nutone central vacuum unit

most of those systems are plumbed with PVC, but some do use flex throughout the home...
If yours is PVC, visit your nutone dealer and get a new outlet/elbow.
Trim the old elbow off with a drywall saw or other small saw (if you have a sawsall, that is fine) and glue the new one in
if it is flex tubing, it's easier; the elbow threads on. just be sure to hold the tubing so it doesn't drop down,

Jan 02, 2009 | Broan-NuTone CV353 Central Vacuum

Not finding what you are looking for?
Raypak Rp2100 Pool & Spa Heater Lonox 407k Btu Natural Gas Polymer Header Digital Rp407aenc Logo

236 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Raypak Pool & Spa Experts

Bill Jordan

Level 2 Expert

372 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2461 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15557 Answers

Are you a Raypak Pool and Spa Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides