- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
BIOS password problems I forgot my password. • If you forget your user password, you must ask the system administrator to reset your user password. • If you forget your HDD password, a Lenovo authorized servicer cannot reset your password or recover data from the hard disk. You must take your computer to a Lenovo authorized servicer or a marketing representative to have the hard disk drive replaced. Proof of purchase is required, and a fee will be charged for parts and service. • If you forget your administrator password, a Lenovo authorized servicer cannot reset your password. You must take your computer to a Lenovo authorized servicer or a marketing representative to have the system board replaced. Proof of purchase is required, and a fee will be charged for parts and service.
But in my own way of troubleshooting.
1. open your Lenovo G500
2. Check your motherboard and look for bios/cmos battery.
3. Remove the battery
4. Get flat screw driver then put it between two pins where the cmos battery attached.
5. Hold it for 10 to 15 sec.
6. Put the cmos battery back and the motherboard
7. Power it up and holla the bios setting has been reset to default.
Try to use the One Key Recovery if still fails contact LENOVO Warranty Support Department, check if the machine is still on warranty for depot so that you can send it for repair via Fedex free of cost.