Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
This is a bad error. Unplug the machine for few minutes, say 15 minutes and then turn it ON. If the problem persists, it is now a good news.
F28 is a serial communication error between the motor control and the machine control board.
The Check all connections between the boards--- if everything looks good 95% of the time the board that is bad is the machine control board NOT the motor control board. Replace and access this part by taking the top panel off--- it is held in by a few screws coming in from the back holding on the top of the unit.
If you are not very handy or a mechanic you may want to have a hands on tech do this work.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and
Central Control Unit (CCU).
– Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
– Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted
upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing
the MCU connectors.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Sep 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2016 | Maytag Washing Machines
Feb 27, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jan 18, 2013 | Dishwashers
Jul 09, 2011 | Samsung Washing Machines
Mar 08, 2011 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
Sep 28, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 17, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Mar 29, 2009 | Kenmore 42822 Front Load Washer
May 08, 2008 | Bosch Axxis WFL 2060 Front Load Washer
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: