Question about RCA Lawton 841.662 Turntable

1 Answer

I need a new needle for the turntable, can't figure out how to get the old off. Model #is GMT04176

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

  • Contributor
  • 41 Answers

If you search youtube you will most likely find one. Just type it just like you did here after going to

Posted on Feb 14, 2015


5 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 12 Answers

SOURCE: Need a replacement needle for a Philco turntable

Check for Philco stylus replacement. You may need to find the "Contact Us" tab and request information for your particular model, but if they can't help you, then contact Philco (division of Ford Motor Co.)

Posted on Jun 28, 2009

  • 69 Answers

SOURCE: Need a new needle try this link? good luck

Posted on Oct 04, 2009

  • 69 Answers

SOURCE: I need a new needle for my Garrard 40B turntable

contact this company and ask them if they have the correct replacement or a suitable equivalent?

Posted on Oct 07, 2009

  • 69 Answers

SOURCE: Needs a needle

try this company?

Posted on Oct 07, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Needle jumps on all new vinyl, but plays old records fine. New vinyl plays on other turntables without a problem. Do you have any suggestions?

Adjust the balance force up. This is a counterweight on the back of the arm. For most needles it is 1-2 grams.

Jul 06, 2014 | Crosley Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Need a new turntable needle

Best source for finding these are online.
eBay is perhaps the most price competitive however you really need to know they exact needle for your machine.

If you search, you can find comparison charts to match up your old needle. These are usually the best. If you don't have the old needle, try to figure out what type of cartridge your machine has, then find a needle based on that info.

Worst case you may have to buy a new cartridge and needle.
Be sure to save the make & model numbers!

I can personally vouge for these guys:
they do a great job of helping people find what they need.

Aug 10, 2013 | RCA Spirit Of St. Louis Radio/Cassette/CD...

1 Answer

Need new needle

Model not indicated here but Google would be your best bet, Google with the model/brand of the unit as well as looking for a seller for this.

Oct 15, 2012 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have new belt and needle for kenwood 38r turntable how to install them

Belt is easy, Just remove the base, and change the belt.
Needle change is done by cartridge change. remove the old cartridge and insert the new one with the new needle.

Mar 18, 2011 | Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

My mother has a 40 year old RCA console stereo. The mechanism at the end of the arm that holds the needle is an empty shell with a few wires showing. I was able to purchase a new needle, but I may need an...

I can't see anyone still making a 40 year old turntable arm. You could get a replacement cartridge for it. You might need either a ceramic or magnetic one, depending on the pre-amp of the RCA.

Mar 12, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Replace needle on old Admiral turntable

what type of needle does a gemini turntable need?

Apr 14, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Turntable arm slides across record, Am. D.J.-1500

See what type of cartridge is installed in the arm. Manufacturers use common cartridges in turntables, such as Stanton, Shure etc. Detach the head shell from the arm (it usually slips right off via a locking ring and four-pin mini plug) Look for the manufacturer and model number on the cartridge. No need to remove it from the head shell. On most modern cartridges, the stylus (as they are called, rather than the needle) simply slips off and on. No need to remove the entire cartridge (via screws) and re-align it. In fact, many DJs bring a set spare cartridges and styli on a gig, already mounted in head shells, and simply interchange them as needed. When you have the make and model of the cartridge, go to Radio Shack or use their website to order a new one...or  two. Or go to Google and enter "phono stylus" as your search term. You will find reasonably priced styli for nearly every cartridge imaginable. I operate 50 year-old turntables and am able to find replacement cartridges and styli on line. Ebay also has a number of listings, by make and model of the cartridge. When the new stylus arrives, observe how easily the old one comes out of the cartridge- usually pull and slide - and slide the new one in. Re-insert the head shell on the arm, tighten the locking ring, and you're good to spin!

Jan 06, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA Lawton 841.662 Turntable Logo

Related Topics:

137 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74459 Answers

Gyula Lacz

Level 3 Expert

484 Answers

Are you a RCA Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides