Im having problems connecting to the active sync using a USB connections the USB connection is open on my mobile device but will only connect sometimes and it takes a very long time for it too sync is this normal and what am i doing wrong on getting connected
Make sure you've loaded the software the phone came with onto the host pc (fully loaded it, and go through the "configuration" routine it asks you to complete after installing the activesync software). That should fix your problem. Incidentally tho, i've connected my phone via usb cable to pc's that did NOT have the active sync software installed, and those pc's still recognized the phone as a removable drive (without the syncing capability). You can still install applications and syncronize files manually so long as the host pc sees it as a removable drive tho (although it takes a tad bit more technical knowledge, such as file paths and the like)
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
there is no need for drivers for sync u just need active sync installed in WINXP if u dont have active sync install it from www.windowsmobile.com or see if it came with ur mobile in a cd and Windows mobile device centre in WIN VISTA that is bundled in the installation already u just find it by typing in search WMDC or in All programs u can look for it after u launch it just connect ur mobile thru usb cable provided and go in ur mobile pda start>settings>connections>usb connections set ur device for sync not mass storage and then press ok open the active sync software in xp or WMDC in Vista and it will automatically connect ur device then sync ur device as req
pls let me know if i can help u more in this and pls rate fixya if i have fixed ur problem
Download microsoft active sync 4.5 for xp or windows mobile device center ( WMDC ) from the MS official site, install it on your pc, restart , in your touch - active sync- connections-check allow usb connections,then just connect it to your pc with the usb cable.Done.Hope this helps.
i had this problem, everytime i refreshed the mda the pc showed that the phone was connecting then once the mda vario had stopped the connection was lost, what i did notive was that the com port for active sync showed up on my pc as com port 4? which isnt a choice on the mda as there is only 2 ports available com 6 and com 7, what i did was to add new serail services to the pc until i was given com 6 as a choice,(because by default the pc starts off as com 4 then com 5 etc, so goto the bluetooth configuration then click on client apps and keep adding new service until you get com 6 then try and sync via activesync on your phone, if that doesnt work make sure that you have added new bluetooth device which gives you options of what services you would like the phone to use with the pc, click activesync then configure it to connect on com 6 voila that should work fine iv just updated mine to netframework 2.0 and can now run all the apps i want, any problems email me on firstname.lastname@example.org il be happy to assist any way i can as i was stuck on this problem for ages and ages until i finally solved it hope you succeed.
Usually rebooting the phone will cure this, I presume you have switched the phone off, removed the battery and restarted?
make sure in
File--> connection settings
that usb and the port you have assigned to bluetooth is enabled
(all tick boxes checked)
try deleting the device from active sync
File--> Mobile device --> (select your device)
then go to
File --> Delete mobile device
make sure you have copies of any un-synced data as it may be lost but shouldn't.
If I remember rightly (dont have a touch to hand) also delete the link to the pc in the active sync window on the touch
Menu--> options (select the server name) Menu-->Delete
and re create the profile by plugging in the device.
This could be due to a few issues, try these soloutions in order below:
1) If you have a jacket connected to the ipaq it could be preventing the ipaq from locating correctly on the connector. Remove jacket and try insering again.
2) Check that active sync is set up to detect the device on the usb port. The cradle for the ipaq may have a serial and usb connector. Ensure that just the usb connector is attached to your laptop. Try connecting again.
3) You may need to uninstall the USB cradle if it was connected before installing active sync. Try the following steps if this was the case:
a) unplug the USB cradle
b) uninstall active sync
c)Click start then click control pannel then click system. Then click on the hardware tab.
Look for the device under USB, right click on the device and then select uninstall.
d) restart the laptop
e) Install active sync
f) ONLY after active sync has installed you can now plug the cradle back into the usb socket.
g) Now connect the ipaq, it should now detect it.