Question about Computers & Internet
Further to my problem with my HP ipaq hx2000 pocket PC where it will not recognise any compact flash card. I t works fine using a sd card. Is there any way around the problem?
It could be, or it could be something to do with configuration. I researched this earlier, and this CF card problem is something that has come up for several years now, on several different devices, but usually with the Windows OS 2003 or later. Here's a basic summary of the recommendations I found :
- Soft reset the device, using the reset button (on the hx2000 series, that's recessed on the left side of the bottom of the device, and you can press it with the stylus). This sometimes solves the problem, but you will often find that it recurs afterwards. It's more of a short term fix than a permanent one.
- Back up the CF card's data, then reformat it and make sure that it is FAT32. This is the most universally recognized file format and has the least problems.
- If this doesn't work, then a last resort option would be to try backing up your device's software and performing a hard reset to return the device to its factory defaults. Make sure you have everything you want backed up before you do this, though, as it will lose all programs and files that you don't have stored. To perform a hard reset on the hx2000 series :
1. Press and hold down the Calendar and iTask buttons.
2. While holding the buttons, press the stylus against the soft reset button and hold it there for about seconds.
3. Once the screen begins to fade, first release the Calendar and iTask buttons, then release the stylus from the reset button. (If you hold all three for more than two seconds, the device will disconnect itself from the battery and power off - apparently if this happens you can simply push the reset button again, or you can plug it into an AC adapter.)
The device should now begin to restart. After this, you need to select to restore the factory settings. Go to Start --> Programs --> File Explorer --> My Device, then open the iPaq File Store. In there, select all files, and then delete them.
If this doesn't work after restoring it to the factory defaults, then I think you may well be stuck with a faulty flash slot. However, let's hope it doesn't come to that - good luck with resolving this problem!
Posted on May 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2014 | HP iPAQ HX4700 Pocket PC
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response.
Dec 08, 2010 | HP iPAQ HX2400 Pocket PC
Mar 18, 2009 | HP iPAQ HX2415 Pocket PC
Jan 08, 2009 | HP iPAQ HX2790 Pocket PC
Oct 30, 2008 | HP iPAQ HX2490 Pocket PC
May 24, 2008 | HP iPAQ HX2490 Pocket PC
May 10, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 10, 2007 | HP iPAQ H4150 Pocket PC
383 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!