One problem after the next...so do i need to install rom on my other pc to update the driver? because i set boot sequence, and it boots, but ignores xp disc and shows, boot error, no boot record and insert media and such....
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: k, now it wont boot from disc
Try this out hit f2 repeatedly with the disc inserted when u restart ur pc get into the BIOS screen and select Boot in that select primary boot as cd/dvd drive then save and exit.Now it should restart and boot from the disc..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try other known good windows installer. if it boot, then the problem is in xp installer, if it not. try other external cd-rom drive. also be sure the disc rom drive are dvd rom drive because a cd rom drive cannot read dvd disc but a dvd rom drive can read cd rom disc installer
Typically these drives don't need an extra driver, as windows detects them automatically. The first thing I'd recommend trying is to right click it's entry with the exclamation mark and uninstall it. Once uninstalled, reboot the pc. It should install correctly then. If it doesn't, there may be an issue with the IDE controller it's connected to (usually a bios setting determining raid/ide mode).
Purchase Win7 System Disc. Power up laptop and go into BIOS setting the DVD/CD Rom as first boot device. Place OS disk in drive and boot from disk Navigate the menu and questions and there you have it. Windows 7 on your laptop. Now, download all of the drivers as required from Acer.com. Download Windows updates and resore any backup data files. Hope that helps.
At first you insert your system disc on your cd/dvd rom driver and restart your computer. Now press F2 or DEL until you get your BIOS option. Now go to advance option then boot option in that. Now change your first boot option to CD/DVD ROM DRIVE and save that change by pressing F10. Now restart your computer and continue your installation. Thank you.
How did you made it boot to the disc? if you used keystrokes to do so, it would be better if you go into your BIOS and set the boot priority making the dvd drive as priority and see if it is gonna work that way. If it does'nt you need to be concerned about the drive itself, it might be having problems as well.
get the windows xp disc, press F2 to get into the bios and set the cd rom drive as the first bootable device.
Boot from the windows xp disc - wipe and re install xp as the operating system and then once installed update to at least SP2 and get the drivers for the network card if not already installed and it should be fine as long as you can get the relevant drivers.
You need to boot in safe mode then do a Windows System Restore to before you installed the updates. You can try redownloading and installing them and if the problem occurs again, just repeat the process.
1. Make sure you have all the discs included in your package.
2. After you power-up, strike del key to go to bios/system.
3. In boot selection, select DVD/CD ROM to boot first, HDD second and other if you wish..
4. Press ctrl+alt+delete to restart.
5. After pressing the tree (3), insert your CD/DVD installer to the drive..
6. Follow the instruction...
Prior to re-installing your OS, backup all your documents..
Insert your recovery disk cd on the cd rom drive and reboot your pc.
As it reboots press any key to continue so it will boot from cd and delete the partition, create a partition and active it.
Then install the OS which goes to C:\ drive. After the installation is complete install all the drivers and the applications. You can go to the manufacturer's website and download others drivers as needed.
Hello! am Fabian,
when i turned the computer on it tells me windows did not start successfully. it wont ...
to solve this problem you need at list the operating system installation CDs/DVDs and a pair of screw drivers.
using the screw drivers, open the system and carefully unistall any or all newly installed hardware device. try to boot again, if the system boots correctly, you may need to consult the manufacturers of the new hardwares you just unistalled for installation guide. but if this does not solve your problem you will need to boot your system using the operating system installation CD/DVD. all you need do is;
1. access your systems BIOs setup utility program by pressing the "Del", "F1","F2" or "F10" as the case may be. select its advance option and set its boot sequence/priority to boot from CD/DVD first then save the setting and exit.
2. insert the operating system CD/DVD ROM, when the system prompts to boot from the CD/DVD ROM press any key and wait to allow the setup initialisation process to complete. once complete, the system show 3 options from which you press the "R" key and wait next it prompt you to mount onto your WINDOWS installation simply press "1" and press the "Enter" key then enter your password if any and also press the "Enter" key.
3. on the command prompt enter the following command;
chkdsk /p then press the"Enter" key wait for the process to complete then restart your computer.
if the problem persist you will need to reinstall your operating system. visit microsoft website for detailed installation guide.