Using Call Block
If you subscribe to Caller ID, you can save phone numbers to the call block list. When a call comes in, the phone compares the received phone number to the numbers on the call block list. If the phone number is on the list, the phone replaces the caller's name with Call Blocked and disconnects the call. (The caller hears a reject tone.)
The call block list holds 20 entries, and all stations share the same list. You can add entries through the Call Blocking menu, by selecting Add Call Block in the CID menu, or by blocking incoming calls. (Only one station can edit the call block list at a time.)
Blocking incoming calls
Call Blocking menu options
- When the phone rings, wait until the display shows the Caller ID information (usually after the second ring).
- If you want to block the call and add this number to the call block list, press Block.
- When the phone asks you to confirm, press Menu/select or Block. Blocking an incoming call from an "Unknown" or "Private" number is the same as selecting Unknown Number or Private Number from the Call Blocking menu.
- With the phone in standby, open the menu and select Call Blocking.
- Choose one of these options:
Call block entry options
- Create New(Handset only) - Add an entry to your call block list. The phone will prompt you to enter a name & phone number.
- Private Number(Handset only) - Block all calls from numbers reported by CID as "Private." (This does not count as one of the 20 entries.)
- Unknown Number(Handset only) - Block all calls from numbers reported by CID as "Unknown". (This does not count as one of the 20 entries.)
- With the phone in standby, open the call block list and find the entry you want.
- Press Menu/select to open the individual entry menu. Choose one of these options:
- Edit(Handset only) - Edit this entry. The phone will prompt you to edit the name & phone number.
- Delete - Erase this entry from the list & allow calls from this number.