An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: CANNOT INSTALL
Hi - below is the link you need. When you get there, you want to download items #1, #6, and #7 on the list. Just count down and you'll be fine. If this solves your problem PLEASE rate this as fixed. If not, DON'T RATE YET. Just add a comment if you need more help and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thanks.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
How to Reload Windows XP Without Removing Files
Deleting system files, modifying the registry and installing incompatible drivers to Windows XP can damage the integrity of the operating system, rendering it inoperable. Virus infections are often responsible for making the aforementioned changes to a system, but employees who have administrative access to the workstation can make deleterious modifications to the OS as well. Reinstalling Windows XP can repair the OS, but if work-related files are stored to the system partition, all of the data will be erased during the installation process. To reload Windows XP without losing files, you can perform an in-place upgrade, also known as a repair installation.
Step 1Insert the Windows XP CD into the optical drive and then press "Ctrl-Alt-Del" to restart the computer. Step 2Press any key when prompted to load the contents of the disc. Press "Enter" on the Welcome to Setup screen. Step 3Read the license agreement, pressing "PgDn" to scroll down the page. Press "F8" to agree to the terms. The CD will search for previous installations of Windows XP. Step 4 Press "R" to repair the selected operating system. The disc will begin reinstalling the operating system to the hard drive without affecting personal files. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the repair installation. Step 5 Log in to Windows XP and sign on to the Internet when installation completes. Click "Start," "All Programs" and then "Windows Update." Step 6 Click "Scan for Updates" to search for applicable service packs and hotfixes to reinstall to the OS. Step 7 Click "Install Now" to bring the in-place upgrade up-to-date.
Windows XP CD
Make sure you have your Windows XP product key (found on the CD cover or on the computer case) available prior to reinstallation.
If possible, back up your files previous to the installation in case something goes awry during the process.
You will need to reinstall all non-native programs and removable devices after performing an in-place upgrade.
How to reinstall Windows XP operating system or installing fresh copy of Windows XP on your computer.
If your Windows XP operating system had problem due to corrupted files, viruses problem or you want to upgrade your system. This procedure will guide you in reinstalling your current Windows XP or installing fresh copy.
After this installing process, you need all your hardware drivers like Chipset Intel driver, LAN driver, Sound driver, WAN driver, Webcam driver and others for the computer to be fully operational. Otherwise, do not proceed on reinstalling you operating system if your do not have those hardware drivers.
CDROM drive is required for installing Windows XP. If you don't have in your notebook computer, use external CDROM drive to connect in your computer using a USB cable.
1. To start with, you need to back up your in blank CD all your important files before you begin installation produre because all the data will be wipe out.
2. When ready, start your computer and when booting press F2 to BIOS setting.
3. On BIOS menu, choose the BOOT setting and change the priority boot to CDROM, exit and save.
In some laptops, you can skip this BIOS setting process by repeatedly pressing F9 key or F10key when booting your computer and it will run boot priority on CD.
4. Once you exit from BIOS, you computer will reboot and a message will appear " Press any key to boot from CD", press any key to enter into WINDOWS XP SET UP.
5. Belows instruction messages will appear:
* To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER * To repair Windows XP installation using recovery console, press R * To quit set up without installing Windows XP, press F3
Press ENTER to initiate the installation.
6. You will go to Windows XP license agreement and press F8 to agree.
7. You will ask you if you want to REPAIR or REINSTALL the operating system. It will appear like this. Just press ESC to proceed.
A. To repair the selected Windows XP installation, press R. B. To continue installing fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing, press ESC.
From repairing your operating system, it will not removed all your files and other software installed in your computer including your hardware drivers installed. Just fixing the operating system.
For reinstalling the operating system, you need to back up all you files because it will wipe out all you datas in your computer.
8. After that, it ask you where partition you want to install the operating system. The message will display like this :
C : Partition1 [NTFS] D : Partition2 [NTFS] Unpartitioned Space
Use the directional key to navigate and choose C: Partition1 if you want reinstalling Windows XP and press enter.
If you want clean copy of Windows XP, you need to delete both partition by pressing L and install clean copy at Unpartitioned space. By these procedure, you will have C: drive only. D: Drive is delete.
9. After choosing the desire partition. this will appear :
* Format the partition using NTFS files system * Format the partition using the NFTS file
I suggest to choose the first line which is the quick format. The 2nd line take too much time to install the operating system. Press to initiate the installation and it will be finish and reboot automatically. PART OF WINDOWS INSTALLATION IS FINISHED.
If you had interrupted installation which is asking for certain driver file, your CD installer maybe damage which cause files to be unreadable. Try to replace the new Windows XP installer CD to proceed and until finished installing OS.
10. Once it reboots, this time do not boot from CD or do not press any key to go to PART2 OF WINDOWS XP INSTALLATION PROCESS.
11. On the opening, regional and laguage option will appear, jus click next.
12. The it will ask to type your name & organization. Put you name and company if any and click next
13. Then, it will ask for CD key and type the 25 character CD key and click next
14. Then it will ask for computer name. You can change or leave it and click next.
15. Then, set your date and time zone and click next.
16. Then, it will ask you for workgroup and computer domain, just leave it and click next.
17. Now wait until the installation process end and it will again restart automatically.
18. Again, do not boot from CD and display setting will appear. Just click OK.
19. welcom to Microsoft Windows screen will appear. Just click next.
20. Helps protect your PC will appear and choose Turn on Automatic Updates ( Only if you install genuine Windows XP). Otherwise, I suggest to choose "Not right not" if you are installing copy only of Windows XP.
21. Who will use this computer message will appear. Just type your name on the first box and click next.
Also for your reference, here is the video for your convenient .
A thank you message will appear, Just click next and it is finished.
I hope it helps you and thank you for using FixYa !
For repairing the operating system here is the blog as other want it.
As per others demand, here is the video for Windows 7 and Windows Vista Operating system
When your operating system stops working correctly, you might need to re-install it. In many cases, when you continue operating the same computer for years, installing and un-installing programs over and over again, sometimes certain operating system files don't work as well as they once did. When that happens, you can also start a re-installation of your operating system. If you use the same operating system for a number of years, it is often helpful to re-install the system software every now and then.
1. Put the original CD or DVD for the operating system in your CD or DVD drive.
2. Shut down your computer and restart the computer. Boot from the CD, if your system asks. This will start the installation process and will pause when a blue installation screen appears.
3. As the screen directs, press the "Enter" key to continue the installation process.
4. Press the "F8" key to continue the installation, agreeing with the Windows Operating System licensing agreement.
5. Press the "R" key on the next screen to attempt the repair process. This process will attempt to re-install all the operating system files that are on the installation disk without bothering any of the customization that you have done to your operating system. This process may take a few hours to complete, but when it completes, you should have Windows XP re-installed and working on your laptop.
---------------> Perform a clean install of Windows XP
1)- Start your computer from the Windows XP CD. To do this, insert the
Windows XP CD into your CD drive or DVD drive, and then restart your
2)- When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press any key to start the computer from the Windows XP CD.
3)- At the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to start Windows XP Setup.
4)- Read the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then press F8.
5)- Follow the instructions on the screen to select and format a partition where you want to install Windows XP.
6)- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the Windows XP Setup.
Note:- Back up all important information before you perform a clean
installation of Windows XP. Save the backup to an external location,
such as a CD or external hard disk.
Create a bartpe image using the pebuilder.Burn the image to the cd and boot using the new cd. Once you boot into it open the A43 file management utility to navigate to the folder where you have the xp installation files. and start the setup
Oh, your installation disk is pirated. It won't install properly, and if it does, it won't work properly and it will not update itself. You also cannot install most useful things from Microsoft, including anti-virus.
So, stop doing illegal things and go search for an original Windows XP CD somewhere. Well, you won't find any in shops. It is out of sale. Buy Vista. It's just great!