Question about Video Game Consoles & Games
This is a tricky one, but this is the same process I use in my workshop to enable region free functions in the majority of Samsung units.
They are by no means easier to hack than their LG counter parts, but it is possible to to. This is still tricky, yet unfortunatley the easiest way to get past the problem with this brand. The hack is meant for the CD-5500 but the guts of the HT-5500 and the CD-5500 are identicle besides one is a dvd player and one is part of a home entertainment set up. I hope this offers some assistance. Good Luck.
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the firmware.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power" and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the following.
8. Press the REPEAT button
Posted on Sep 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 21, 2016 | Televison & Video
Jul 26, 2014 | JVC Televison & Video
Jan 20, 2012 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jun 16, 2011 | Televison & Video
Sep 19, 2010 | Sony SLV-D950 DVD Player/VCR
Sep 19, 2010 | Sony BDP-S560 Blu-Ray Player
May 08, 2009 | Samsung DVD-HR730 DVD Recorder/HDD...
Apr 14, 2009 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Nov 18, 2017 | The Video Game Consoles & Games
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!