Question about Amana DRSE663B Side by Side Refrigerator
Most modern freezers don't need to be defrosted, but should be washed out and cleaned periodically. Following are steps for defrosting freezers that need it -generally when ice builds up to a thickness between 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch.
Things You’ll Need:
1. Turn the freezer off. Controls may be inside the refrigerator.
2. Remove all food from the freezer and store in an ice chest while you are defrosting.
3. Remove ice in the freezer compartment. This can be done by: a) letting the freezer door stand open until ice melts; b) putting a pan of hot water in the freezer compartment and closing the door, then checking for melting ice and reheating the water every 10 to 15 minutes; c) using a hair dryer by aiming warm air at ice in freezer until it melts.
4. Pick up ice and water as it melts with a dishcloth or sponge and deposit into sink.
5. Use a sponge or dishcloth and a bowl of warm water to thoroughly wipe out inside of freezer once the freezer is cleared of ice.
6. Turn the freezer back on, close the door and let run for 10 to 15 minutes before returning food to the freezer.
7. Put food back into freezer and close the door.
Posted on May 13, 2008
First, your heater is good
second, the timer is located at the control panel, look for a small hole at the control panel, put everything back together wait it to get cold and with a screw drive turn it slow until you hear a click and stop wait few minutes and look to see if your heater get hot if not, replace your ref thermostat
third its is not a thermostat , its a sensor and you don't gonna be able to test
Posted on May 11, 2008
From the sounds of it, you have too much moisture in the freezer.
Is the door closing and sealing all of the way or is there a leak anywhere else?
You need to keep defrosting it and drying it out and if the ice build up continues then there must be a leak or the door is being left open too long or something along these lines.
Let me know what you think about what I said and please let me know if you have further concerns or questions for me. thanks
Posted on May 11, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2014 | Amana Refrigerators
Aug 28, 2012 | Refrigerators
Sep 03, 2011 | Amana ASD 2624 Side by Side Refrigerator
Jul 04, 2011 | Amana ABB2524DE Bottom Freezer...
May 01, 2011 | Amana ARB2217CSR Bottom Freezer...
Apr 07, 2011 | Amana ASD2326HE Side by Side Refrigerator
Many times a freezer and/or refrigerator do not work right because of a dirty condenser coil...there are also many other things that can go wrong.
If you are hearing a clicking or buzzing then check out the last two tips.
If your refrigerator is running but warm, then...
Check out these tips that I wrote about that... it is a great place to start trouble shooting your unit...and something that you can do rather then calling a repair person to do a simple thing for you...
Refrigerator Condenser Coil Cleaning Refrigerator Repair
Refrigerator Troubleshooting Refrigerator Compressor
Refrigerator Compressor Start Capacitor and Start Relay
Aug 04, 2010 | Amana ASD2326HE Side by Side Refrigerator
May 20, 2010 | Amana DRSE663B Side by Side Refrigerator
269 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: