Question about Vtech ia5870 Analog Cordless Phone
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The default security code is "80". If you have not reset that code, you will use 80.
This is all from the manual:
1) Call your telephone number and wait for the system to answer. If the answering system is off, it will answer after about ten rings and sounds a series of beeps.
2) During the greeting or the beeps (if answering system is off), press 0 (zero) and enter your security code within 2 seconds.
3) The answering system announces the current time and the number of messages stored in memory. You hear "To play incoming messages, press zero-two. For help, press one-zero" followed by a beep.
Then the manual lists all the remote commands. If you need those, you can go to uniden.com and download a manual.
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
You can download the manual at
Posted on Jun 04, 2011
Follow the instructions on page 37 of the manual.
Posted on Sep 03, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2015 | Vtech 5.8GHz Cordless Phone with Digital...
Jan 27, 2012 | AT&T Lands Phones
Jul 29, 2011 | GE 21008GE2 Dual-Handset Cordless...
This section explains the remote access process for use with any touchtone
1. Dial the phone number for the answering machine.
2. After the answering system answers, press any numbered key on the
touch-tone pad to bypass the outgoing announcement, or wait until
the announcement finishes.
3. Enter the security code after you hear the tone.
4. Follow the voice menu to use the answering machine's remote functions.
The remote feature enables you to perform the following functions:
To Press this button
Review message 1
Play back messages 2
Stop message play back 2
Erase message 0
(during message playback)
Skip message 3
Turn off/on answerer 4
Review voice menu options 7
No valid dialing tones for 15 seconds will hang up the telephone line.
You can get the manual on the link below if you need page 31.
Dec 04, 2010 | GE Spacemaker 26976 Cordless Phone
Aug 28, 2009 | Uniden Lands Phones
Jul 30, 2009 | Bell Northwestern Phones - DigiMate...
Jul 09, 2009 | AT&T 1726 Digital Answering Machine
Jan 06, 2008 | AT&T 1738 Digital Answering Machine
Aug 12, 2007 | Uniden TRU8885 Digital Answering Machine
Dec 19, 2013 | Vtech ia5870 Analog Cordless Phone
Aug 07, 2013 | Vtech ia5870 Analog Cordless Phone
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: