Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
You can also try the steps below. Its from PlayStation Forum:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
If the above steps still does not solve the problem, then I think will have to update your Ps3.
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option).
Go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as well as cookies.
This might put the PS3 on order.
Posted on Sep 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2012 | Sony PlayStation 3 (320 GB) Console
Your HARD DRIVE (aka: Hard Disk),
located on the left side of the unit, has crashed. You will need to
replace the HD.
When you replace your hard drive, you
will need to have the latest firmware on a
usb stick. Download the firmware from
the playstation official website onto a usb
stick. Once prompted by your system you
will need to insert the usb stick into the
PS3. Good luck..
You will need 2.5" Sata Hard Drive.
Jan 25, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 22, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 06, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 27, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 10, 2009 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Mar 24, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 15, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 40GB System Console
137 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!