Question about D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
I would like to put a password on my computer that the outside world can't rob my internet.
How do I do this?
I have 2 lap tops, xbox360, playstation 3, and a desk top computer that uses the wireless.
It would be great if you could tell me how.
The D-Link is configured using a Web browser. After you have connected
your computer to the D-Link router, follow these steps:
1. Launch your Web browser. Enter "http://192.168.0.1" into
the address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return"
2. A logon pop-up screen will appear. Type "admin" for the username and leave the password field blank.
3. Click "OK". A D-Link configuration screen will appear. All changes to the D-Link configuration are made here.
Enabling WEP* (Wired Equivalent Privacy) will require anyone wishing to access the Internet through your wireless network to enter a password. After the correct password is entered, a connection is established, and all data sent from the D-Link to the computer and back is encrypted. From the D-Link configuration screen:
1. Click the "Home" tab.
2. Click the "Wireless" button.
3. Click the "Open System" button next to "Authentication".
4. Set the "WEP Encryption" to "128 bit".
5. Set the "Key Type" to "ASCII".
6. Type a 13 digit password into "Key 1".
7. Click "Apply".
8. When you connect to your wireless network from a computer, you will need to enter the 13 digit password.
*Note: If your computer's operating system supports it, enabling WPA-PSK is more secure than WEP. The steps above can be modified to set up WPA-PSK.
Posted on May 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Feb 10, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Dec 12, 2010 | Linksys Computers & Internet
Nov 06, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Oct 24, 2010 | Belkin Wireless Pre-N (F5D8230-4) Router...
Oct 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 14, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 16, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Aug 28, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 07, 2008 | Belkin Computers & Internet
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!