Question about Computers & Internet
When i try to connect to the internet it doesn't connect, and when i diagnose the connection problem it says that there might be a problem with one or more network adapters on the computer. Is there a way to check the network adapters on the computer?
The first thing I'd do is go to the control panel, then select the device manager option. In there, you should see an option for the network adapters - if you open it up, the network adapters on the computer will be listed. If there's a conflict that is preventing the device from running properly, you should see an exclamation point against it.
Another possibility is that the wireless network adapter may just be turned off. In the control panel, go to Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing center. (This applies to Vista; if you are using an earlier OS, it may be different.) From there, click Manage network connections, and you should see a network adapter icon - you can click Enable to turn the device on if it is currently disabled.
Posted on May 10, 2008
Network adapter not found.
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You shouldnt make an entire new post for an existing posted problem. Next time I will flag...
If you can see the wireless card in your 'network connections' then this is a good sign beucase it means that it is still being detected and most likely is not suffering from a hardware problem. I cannot be sure what the problem is from what you have told me, so I will just give a few other steps that might help.
1. Make sure the wireless card is turned on. I attempted to find the manual for your model so I could find out what the function is to turn it off and on, but I couldnt find it so you will have to figure this out on your own.
2. Remove any and all antivirus/antispyware programs you may have on your computer completely. Recheck on your programs list that they are all off. Even norton occasionally blocks your entire internet connection. This probably is not what your problem is, but this will allow us to make sure this isnt a problem further down the road.
3. Make sure that windows has control over your network connection. for example, when you install a wireless USB network adapter, it normally installs extra software you do not need, and then takes control over the wireless connection. In this case, it might be some software that came with the Laptop. Make sure this is removed, but try to keep the driver.
4. Dont just turn your router off and on, reset the entire thing so it is on default settings. By design, routers come out of the box without any security settings on and should be able to be plug and play with your wireless card.
5. You probably already did this, but double check those connections, make sure all of your wires are working correctly and none of them have been chewed on by a dog or something.
6. If none of these things help, then provide more details on THIS page, do not make a new post. maybe throw in some screen shots or something.
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
If you are using the Windows own Wireless connection wizard (Wireless Zero Configuration service aka WZCSVC) this is designed to recheck every 20-30 mins for another connection this is your problem disable the service here download this tweak.
Then download and use the laptop NIC's own software to search for your Uni server and then connect using the WEP or PSK, this will solve your problem then create a profile in the NIC connection software and it will never forget.
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2012 | Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Cell Phone
Apr 04, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jul 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 30, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 12, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Apr 26, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Apr 21, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Feb 18, 2009 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Aug 27, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 13, 2007 | 10 10 Computer Network adapter Cable...
735 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!