Question about Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2 Duo White/2GB (2x1gb)/80GB/SuperDrive (Z0DT) Mac Notebook
Thank you for contacting Fixya Support.
If you are unable to your User Administrator account, there is a nifty utility within your Mac OS X Restore disk or Mac OS X installation disk called Password Reset.
To access the Password Utility on your installation disk, here is what you do:
* Insert the installation disk
* Reboot your Macbook 13"
* Hold down the C key on your keyboard
* Keep holding the C key down until you see the white screen, gray apple and wait until you see the spinning gear
* Release the C key once the spinning gear appears.
* Allow the Macbook to boot up to to the Installer environment
* Go pass the language screen until you reach the installer screen.
* From the Installer menu bar click on the Utilities tab and select Password Reset from the drop down.
* When the Password Reset utility opens, select your username
and change the password for the account.
* Once you have reset the password, click the Password Reset name near the Apple menu bar and quit the utility
* This will return you to the Installer, click on the Installer tab
and quit the Installer environment.
* Your Mac will now reboot.
* When your Mac boots to the main log in window, click on the affected User Administrator account and attempt to log in with your new password.
* This procedure should allow access into your locked user account.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 30, 2012 | Facebook Social Network
Feb 09, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Dec 21, 2010 | Facebook Social Network
Mar 12, 2010 | Yahoo Mail
Jun 15, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Jan 17, 2014 | Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2...
292 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: