Question about Apple MacBook Pro Notebook
Thank you for contacting Fixya Support.
Try these steps:
- - Reboot your Mac
- - Upon restarting your Mac, press the Shift key.
- - Hold the Shift key until you see a White Screen with Gray Apple icon and eventually a spinning gear.
- - When you see the Spinning gear, release the Shift key.
- - Allow the Mac to continue booting up. Also this may take a little while
(NOTE: this may take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to load to the Safe mode screen depending on the performance of your Mac, but if it exceeds this time, shutdown your Mac and try just once more. It may have just frozen up the first time around for you.)
- - You are going to enter the Safe Mode (which looks like your main desktop environment - the only difference is certain startup items are disabled.)
- - Once within the Desktop in Safe Mode
- - From the Finder Menu, click Go> Go to Folder
- - Type in this line: /System/Library/StartupItems
- - This path, is going to take you to the System Library folder which has all of your Mac OS X Startupitems.
- - Remove all of those folders to the Trash.
*Reboot your Mac normally and see if you can access your normal User desktop environment.
This should help.
Posted on Sep 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 14, 2015 | Apple MacBook Air
Dec 28, 2013 | Apple MacBook Air
Mar 11, 2011 | Apple MacBook Air
Apr 17, 2010 | Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2...
Mar 07, 2010 | Apple 13-inch MacBook - Intel 2.0GHz Intel...
Jan 02, 2010 | Apple MacBook Air
Oct 21, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2009 | Apple MacBook PC Notebook
358 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: