Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines
An F20 code is telling you that the anticpated fill time limit has been exceeded.
This can be caused by
1. Dirty water inlet screens on the water valve. Also possibly the hoses at the wall connection if the unit was installed with additional hose screens.
2. Kinked water supply hoses
3. LOW WATER pressure
4. A weak or open coil of the inlet water valve solenoid.
5. A kinked or restriction of the hose that goes from the water valve to the tub inlet.
6. (VERY RARE) A defective machine control board.
7. Bad faucett washers on the wall connection hose bibb where the rubber faucett washer has deterorated and is blocking or restricting water flow inside the shut off valve on the wall.
8. Debris blocking the diaphram of the water passages inside the inlet water valve (Can not be verified by disassembly due to the construction of the water valve.) You must check flow rate into the tub after verifying all the possibilites above except #6.
These are all real possibilites and each one of them must be checked out. This is not a difficult task and a good many washing machine users should be able to isolate the problem.
If you need machine specific information we will need your make and model number to assist you in the future.
Thanks for choosing FixYa.
Posted on Sep 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 20, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Jul 25, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Feb 26, 2011 | Washing Machines
Jan 02, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Dec 29, 2010 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Dec 29, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Dec 10, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Nov 11, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Sep 19, 2009 | Washing Machines
Aug 19, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet WFW9550 Washer
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!