Question about Linksys Computers & Internet
Connect a LAN cable from your computer to the LAN port on the wireless router.
Open a browser and enter the router's configuration URL.
The Linksys configuration URL is
and the default login = admin
the default password = admin
To secure your wireless router from unauthorized access and to configure the wireless card in your computer to connect to the wireless router, please click on this link and follow my instructions :-
Posted on Sep 02, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If you press and hold the button o the back of the router that says reset for 30 seconds, the router will restore factory defaults. Then, your routers password will be reset to "admin"
Posted on Apr 12, 2008
SOURCE: Password settings
I am presuming that the address you are using, 192.168.1.1 is the address from the user manual. This may not be the address that is actually assigned to your router however.
The Linksys Router can be configured in one of two ways, either with a static IP Address or by DHCP, a service that automatically assigns an IP from a DHCP Server on your network.
An easy way to test this is to go to a PC on your network that you know is functional and uses the Linksys Router as its network access point and open a command prompt from the start menu (start/accessories/command prompt).
At the command prompt type in tracert www.fixya.com and hit enter. The first address that you see in the traceroute is the IP address of the Linksys Router.
Write this down IP down and then plug it into your web browser. A login prompt window will appear on the screen. Do NOT enter a login name in this prompt - the default for admin is nothing. Simply input the admin password and the web browser will open to the admin page on the router.
As you are configuring a new network security password and protocol be aware of a few things:
1. WEP and WPA are two types of security used on these routers. Of the two, WPA is the more secure, however there may be devices and or clients on your network that do not support WPA. Prior to selecting WPA verify that there are no devices that cannot use that standard.
2. If you are adding a new security profils (password) and retaining the existing login passwords (keys) then your network will continue to function as it has, however if you delete the existing keys (passwords) then you will need to go to each computer/device on the network and update each with the new login information.
Once you have decided upon the security protocol you intend to use (WEP or WPA) you must then do the following:
1. On the router admin page click WIRELESS and then WIRELESS SECURITY.
2. For WEP you will set the Encryption Size and then enter a passphrase. The router will generate a key in hex and you will need to write down this key and provide it to the users on your network. If you change the passphrase later the key will also change and you will need to repeat the above.
3. For WPA, you set the encryption type and then enter a passphrase. Provide this passphrase to the users as that is how they will authenticate using WPA.
Posted on Nov 15, 2007
are you trying do set this pluged into the router or wireless? allways set your router setings directly pluged into the router
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
Hello, The default address for the dell truemobile 1184 is 192.168.2.1 If you have changed it and forgot, unplug the router (elec) for 5 seconds. This will reset it to default. The default SSID is "wireless". If a user ID and/or password is asked for enter "admin". Here you can change settings, enable broadcast, change SSID, enable WEP or WPA. Hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 17, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
In order to find the wireless security page of your Dlink wireless router DIR-2310 , please follow these setps
1. Open up the internet explorer in the comp in which you are online and clear the address bar and type in the number 192.168.0.1 and hit enter.
2. You will be logged into the D-Link router setup page .
3. Under the SETUP tab, in the left hand side, click on WIRELESS SETTINGS? you will find Wireless security Mode under which you can find the password for the wireless settings.
Thanks in Advance!
Dec 31, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 14, 2010 | NetGear WNDR3300 - RangeMax Dual Band...
Apr 23, 2010 | 2wire HomePortal® 1800HW Router...
Apr 04, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Sep 08, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 05, 2009 | Blitzz Technology (BWA611) Router
Sep 05, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 02, 2008 | Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband...
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!