Question about Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
My camcorder won't turn on. It won't charge or eject tapes either. Both batteries I have were charged to. Any help would be appreciated
Steps for removing the tape from a totally dead ZR85:
1. Turn camera upside down.
2. Move "Open/Eject" button to full right position (toward lens).
3. Manually push tape door open.
4. On the metal surface that sits between you and the tape, there is a very small screw. There is probably a yellow sticker next to the screw that says "Do not press on this part". With a small jewelry phillips screwdriver, remove that screw.
5. Push the metal plate (with tape) in the direction ofr the door and lift slightly. The metal assembly holding the tape comes loose, exposing the top of the tape.
6. Pull the tape upwards (out of the camera). At this point, the tape will still be engaged in the play heads. With the cartridge out far enough to see the heads, reach in with your jewelry screw driver and carefully lift the tape over the heads, and free from the camera.
7. Use the eraser on the end of a pencil to wind your tape back into the cartridge.
8. When re-assembling the mechanism in the camera, there are two curved slots on both sides of the piece you took loose. You'll need to thread these onto two posts inside before you place the top back in position and put the screw back in.
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2010 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Feb 06, 2010 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Oct 07, 2009 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Jan 12, 2009 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
May 11, 2008 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
May 05, 2008 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Feb 01, 2008 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Jan 15, 2008 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
May 06, 2007 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
503 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!