I have two printer HP 4015n, I installed them on the same time in the same office (two month ago). They worked fine, but this morning all lights keep flashing ( both printer) and can't print.
Thank you for contacting FixYa with your printer inquiry.
Sounds like both these network printers have lost connection to your router or failed to obtain an IP address after server maintenance or network upgrades.
Would suggest printing a configuration page on each of the printers and determine what the IP address is (If there is one) and see if other devices are in conflict. Power down your printers and reseat your Jetdirect Network Cards and confirm cable connections. Re-Power the printers and print configuration again to see if obtaining IP address.
Find out what IP address are to be assigned these printers and manually configure via embedded Web Server or at the printer control panel. Consult your manual or Follow these steps:
Configure the network product View or change network settings
1. Type the IP address into the address line of a Web browser to open the embedded Web server.
2. Click the Networking tab to obtain network information. You can change settings as needed.
Manually configure IPv4 TCP/IP parameters from the control panel In addition to using the embedded Web server, you can also use the control-panel menus to set an IPv4 address, subnet mask, and default gateway.
1. Press Menu .
2. Press the down arrow to highlight CONFIGURE DEVICE, and then press OK.
3. Press the down arrow to highlight I/O, and then press OK.
4. Press the down arrow to highlight EMBEDDED JETDIRECT MENU, and then press OK.
5. Press the down arrow to highlight TCP/IP, and then press OK.
6. Press the down arrow to highlight IPV4 SETTINGS, and then press OK.
7. Press the down arrow to highlight MANUAL SETTINGS, and then press OK.
8. Press the down arrow to highlight IP ADDRESS, and then press OK. -or- Press the down arrow to highlight SUBNET MASK, and then press OK. -or- Press the down arrow to highlight DEFAULT GATEWAY, and then press OK.
9. Use the numeric keypad, or press the up arrow or the down arrow to increase or decrease the number for the first byte of the IP address, subnet mask, or default gateway.
10. Press OK to move to the next set of numbers. To move to the previous set of numbers, press the back arrow .
11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 until the IP address, subnet mask, or default gateway is complete, and then press OK to save the setting.
12. Press Menu to return to the Ready state..
Hope this helps. Please keep us updated and remember to rate this answer.
Nov 22, 2010 |
HP Laserjet P4015x Printer