I had the same problem after dropping the camera. In my case, the lens became jammed. Of course your problem may be due to something else. In my case, I disassembed the camera and reassembled it and it now works fine. It was a bit time-consuming to do, but is possible.
In the case of the FZ5, some people reported being able to get the lens to work by manipulating the lens without taking the camera apart. This might work if the cog inside has slipped off of it's track. In that case it might be possible to work it back into place. If the cog is intact, though, forcing the lens might damage it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi there please follow the steps and let me know the result.
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged & clean the battery connector point in side the battery compartment.
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only.
5. Now turn on camera( with out card ) and see ,if working then fix the memory card & again turn on the camera. If working then fine .
Otherwise format the memory card and fix back in camera again & try. Make sure before format the memory card take a
back up all photos in your computer then format. If no luck then reset or restore the camera setting by pressing Menu key for 2 sec ..
in not done the press both Menu & self time key for 2 - 4 sec.
i hope it will gives you success. Thanks & Before you leave, if you have found my information helpful and if you haven't
already done so then please press the ACCEPT button, this is how I am paid for helping you today. POSITIVE feedback & bonus is appreciated
Is the camera turned on? Removed the Cap on the Zoom lens? Try turning it off and on, while the cap cover on the lens is removed, then press the heart button and take some photos. What specifically is the warning?
Simple! Read warnings carefully! It said "remove lens cap and press SET button"! So remove the lens cap and then press the SET button (or arrow downward in the four directions button)! You don´t need to RESET anything...