Question about Western Digital WD2500BEVSRTL Scorpio 250GB 2.5" SATA Notebook 250 GB SATA Hard Drive
The drive is not recognized by xp.
i.Close all explorer windows
ii. open task manager and kill the "explorer" program
iii. in task manager select "File--New Task(Run)-- explorer
and the USB drive appeared in explorer
Just try doing flea power & the power cycle.
1. Disconnect all the peripherals like keyboard,mouse,printer,scanner & monitor and power supply from the CPU.
And press & hold the power button for 1 min, it will release the flea power from the mother board.
Restart the system & check.
2. Disconnect everything.wait for 5-10 minutes and then connect every thing & start the system.
Restart the system & check.
1. Connect the USB enclosure to the computer and turn on the computer.
2. Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management. In the Computer Management window click on Disk Management.
3. In the Disk Management window you should see 2 hard drives. Disk 0 – that’s your primary hard drive and Disk 1 – that’s the hard drive in the USB enclosure.
For the Disk1 you’ll see the HDD size inside the bar and also it should say Unalocated. It means that the new hard drive is not partitioned and formatted.
4. Right click on the unallocated space and click on new partition entry, the wizard for creating a new partition on the hard drive will appear.
In most cases you should chose: Primary partition, partition size would already in there (entire drive), assign any free letter or leave it default, file system NTFS (default), check the Perform a quick format (faster) box, NEXT and FINISH.
It might take some time. You’ll see that the LED on the USB enclosure (if you have any) will start flashing.
5. After it’s done, you should see that Disk1 says: New Volume, HDD size, and Healthy.
Now, if you go to My Computer you should see the second hard drive and you can use it as a regular drive.
If so, it can hide drive letters. Look up TWEAKUI and use that to see if drive letters are hidden.
You can download it from here
you can use the usb hub 2.0 instead of 1.1.
That is, shutdown and remove all power from all devices and power bricks for a 10 count and try again?
How about plugging that into another USB port? Some discover some ports will not work, but report "OK".
You can run the diags on the drive, you can get from here
Error definition :
You need to test the drive on another machine and if it behaves the same, time to call its maker to get it exchanged.
Live, Love, Laugh.
Posted on May 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 18, 2015 | SimpleTech SimpleDrive 250 GB External USB...
Apr 29, 2013 | Western Digital WD2500BEVS Scorpio 250 GB...
Aug 29, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jan 21, 2011 | Western Digital WD2500BEVSRTL Scorpio...
Mar 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 18, 2009 | Western Digital WD2500BEVSRTL Scorpio...
Feb 22, 2009 | Beyond Micro Mobile / 250GB / 7200 / 8MB /...
1,575 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: