Question about Photography

2 Answers

Kalimar tripod I was given a Kalimar tripod however, it does not have it's quick release plate. I need a replacement plate. My local camera store did not carry Kalimar products nor had a universal replacement piece that fit the tripod Additional identifying product numbers on the tripod are K-491B 3CLB

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • Lori M
    Lori M Jun 12, 2008

    I have the same exact problem - I was given a Kalimar 3CLB tripod -excellent tripod, but it did not have the quick release plate when I received it. Cannot find it at camera shops, and cannot find a website for Kalimar. I did find this contact info, but the phone number has been disconnected or changed. Haven't written them or faxed them yet...

    Kalimar, Inc

    722 Goddard Ave

    Chesterfield, Missouri 63005

    636 532 4511 (phone)

    636 532 8995 (fax)

    contact: Robert J. Lipsitz

  • Anonymous Jun 14, 2008

    I have the same problem. Just need the quick release.

  • jschwien Dec 05, 2008

    Me too. Did you ever find a solution to getting this part?



2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

Product code # QB-5LC made by VELBON is currently available at TRIPODQUICKRELEASE.COM for $10.99 ea.
Hope this helps.

Posted on Mar 24, 2010

  • CT1981 Oct 16, 2010

    So does this model work or not? It looks like it's the right measurements but does it actually fit on the Kalimar 3-CLB? Has anyone purchased it for their Kalimar tripod and can confirm if it fits?


  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I have the same problem. Looking at these possible replacements:
any better ideas out there?

Posted on Oct 24, 2009

  • drsal1527 Dec 11, 2010

    @ CT 1981: I called and spoke with a tech at TRIPODQUICKRELEASE.COM and found that the QB--5LC did work so to answer your ??, yes the Velbon QB-5LC works on the Kalimar 3CLB tripod.

  • madtownmall Dec 23, 2010

    If you order on line you find that QB 5L without the C in the section where you pick your measurements, not in the list of Velbon quick release parts. I paid 13.99 plus shipping.



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to an Expert (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

3clb. where can I get the quick release?

Presumably you mean the quick release plate. Have a look on Ebay, or try the rummage box at your local friendly camera dealer.

Apr 03, 2016 | Kalimar Photography

1 Answer

I Need the Manual for VELBON LEB-30C tripod where can i get it

You need a quick release plate in order to attach you camera to your tripod, it fits into the opening of the adapter on the tripod and you screw the plate into your camera, take a look at they carry Velbon quick releases and adapters.

Oct 03, 2012 | Photography

1 Answer

I need the piece that screws into your camera and clips into the tripod. Mounting plate? My tripod is an Ideal - The Stabilizer.

Try for that part. There is listed the widest selection of quick releases and support more brands than any other web site I've seen. Because your tripod is not supported by the manufacturer; parts lists and pars are not available, you should measure the opening and see what other brand quick releases will work paying attention to the shape and locking mechanism. Otherwise just get another tripod.

Sep 19, 2010 | Kalimar V-20S VIDEO TRIPOD

1 Answer

I have a kalimar tripod pro-tech v-40 and I lost the quick release plate that connects to the camera. Where can I buy this part?

Try for that part. There is listed the widest selection of quick releases and support more brands than any other web site I've seen.

Aug 19, 2010 | Photography

1 Answer

How to put a camera on it

If it's a quick release tripod you need to remove the quick release plate (Usually a release lever to the side of the top of the tripod) and then fasten the plate securely to the camera and then the plate to the tripod. Older non-quick-release tripods have a knurled screw located below the flat area where the camera is attached. If the screw is missing, get a relacement from your local hardware store - 1/4" -20. (Find a way to keep the new one from getting lost.)

Jun 12, 2010 | Ambico 67" TRIPOD

1 Answer

Where can I purchase the camera mount plate for

Try for that part. There is listed the widest selection of quick releases and support more brands than any other web site I've seen.

May 11, 2010 | Kalimar V-20S VIDEO TRIPOD

1 Answer

How do I find a replacement camera plate for my Kalimar video photo tripod. It was lost while moving.

Try for that part. There is listed the widest selection of quick releases and support more brands than any other web site I’ve seen.

Jan 06, 2010 | Photography

1 Answer

Missing Tripod piece (Quick release)

What you can do is find a local welder or metal shop in your area. Take the tripod with you, and ask them to fabricate a aluminum or steel replacement "shoe" for your tripod. Also have them drill a hole in the center so you can later insert the proper threaded screw that will mount to your camera. You may want to take your camera and get the proper threaded bolt first before you get the shoe made, so they can make the hole the correct size. You can go to any hardware or home improvement store and ask for assistance to find the right thread for you camera equipment. The bolt should not be any longer than1 inch, so it will mount tight on your plate.

** Note you want a flush mount type bolt that when tightened on the plate is smooth on the bottom** This is so when you mount the shoe in the head, it will be properly seated.

Aug 02, 2008 | Gemini Sound Products Jeva 60 Tripod

6 Answers

Ambico v-0554

you can purchase it from amazon. here: Amazon com Ambico 0554 I hope I have helped. cheers

Nov 21, 2007 | Photography

Not finding what you are looking for?
Photography Logo

Related Topics:

1,445 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Photography Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers


Level 3 Expert

538 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2600 Answers

Are you a Photography Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides