Question about Lexmark X7350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
How do I remove the top glass to access the scanner unit to adjust how it rides on the bar. It vibrates loudly in transit, blurs the scan
I personally wouldn't try to do that, you run the risk of rendering the scanner nonfunctional, and also probably would void the warranty if it's still applicable. You may try calling Lexmark support at 1-800-332-4120 and tell them the scan bar is really noisy, and that's making the scans blurry. Depending on whether you're still under warranty and who you get (no joke), you may get a free replacement, since this sounds like a manufacturing defect.
If you can't get it replaced because it's out of warranty and decide to buy new, Lexmark's new business products that have just been released have a 5 year warranty, which is probably best in class. Check them out here.
Sorry I didn't respond to your post sooner, you've probably fixed this by now - I only registered here recently.
Posted on Aug 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Turn off printer and unplug power.
2. Lift up scanner lid so that you can see the scanning glass
3. Locate the screw on the top left side next to the small **** of glass. This glass is the section used for scanning from the automatic document feeder. Remove that screw and then the plastic that it was holding. Lift the glass out.
4. With the glass removed you can see the drive belt for the scanner. You need to rotate it until the scanner head moves to the left far enough that you can see the top of the moving part of the scanner. You will see a thin light bulb and a slot. Do not touch the lightbulb, it is fragile. You may need to pull on the assembly to move it the last bit to access the slot
5. Use a flashlight to see down into the slot, you will see a thin mirror that runs the width of the slot. If that mirror is dirty, that may be the problem and it needs to be cleaned.
6. Use a q-tip moistened with either alcohol or window cleaner to gently clean the mirror. Make sure you do not leave any lint in there.
7. Replace the glass and turn printer back on. If this is going to work it should come to ready.
May 01, 2011 | HP LaserJet 3330 All-In-One Printer
Oct 05, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 18, 2009 | Sharp AL-1551CS Copier
Jan 03, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 29, 2008 | HP LaserJet 2820 Printer
Feb 23, 2008 | Samsung SCX-4100 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jan 03, 2008 | Toshiba e-Studio150 Copier
Oct 29, 2007 | Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 05, 2007 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Jun 12, 2014 | Lexmark X7350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!