Well 3 days ago my internet was working perfectly! But after I went to sleep and woke up the next morning it didn't work, when I click on the available network connection my network doesn't show, this also happens on the other computer at my house, only the computer directly connected to the routers internet works...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
not very clear but this may help. 1) make everthing is connect physically....make sure modem is connected to your router....then check that your router is connected to your laptop...everthing physically.
2) after you made sure everthing is connected. look underneath the router and look for and something that start with http://192.168.0.1
3) now go to your laptop and open up your web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 ....select "Admin" as username and dont type anything for password. then click on "log in"
4) then when you log in. click on "setup"which should be on top of the page....then select "internet" from left side of the page.
5) click on "setup wizard"
6) Click "Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard" 7) click next 8) setup ur password 9)select your time zone...the click on next 10) then if your internet connection isnt detected you will need to select the company that provides you ur internet...if u dont find it then select "not listed or dont know" 11) also make sure you select "DHCP Connection (Dynamic IP Address" click next 12) click on " clone your pcs mac address" 13) u dont have to type in "host name"...click next 14) next now the wizrd should b complted and "connect" 15) now u shoudl have internet on any computer that is physically connected to the router with a ethernet cable.....but no wireless internet yet....now we are about to set it uo
1) click on "setup" on top of the page 2) click on "wireless settings" 3) click on the box next to "Enale Wireless" 4) type in a name in "wireless network name" for example "gary's wifi" 5) in "802.11 mode" i suggest picking "mixed cause you might have 802.11b in an old laptop and 802.11n in the newer laptops....with mized mode they will all be able to connect no matterif they are b,g, or n 6) den click "save settings" on top of the page...and NOW your wireless device should be able to connect to your wifi...BUT....remember we didnt put a password...so anybody around your house will be able to use it....if thats find with your then your done....if not then select wat type of security you want wep,wpa,wpa....and make a password..hopes this helps....let me know how it went.
If you connect the computer to the router , it works. That means the wired connection is OK. Open the set up page of the router check the wireless settings of the router. I think your network is secured and you are not typing the correct network key. just open the router set up and check the wireless settings . Make sure that the DHCP server on the router is enabled Click Here for step by step solution
you need to configure the dsl modem to be on bridge mode after you did it successfully. that is the time you configure your d-link for you to connect to the internet.
call first your ISP to configure the modem to Bridge mode after that call your manufacturer of the dlink for them to configure your connection
1. Make sure that wireless settings are properly synchronized. >> ssid/security key. 2. Check your computers wireless connection status > Make sure that it is set to "obtain ip address automatically) 3. If still not working if computer is set to obtain ip automatically, try assigning static ip on wireless pc > You need to know your router's ip address and dns 4. Disable firewall on wireless pc.
The problem may lie with your WiFi adapter on the 2nd computer.. these days NICs (adapters) have a Power Off capability and they will go to 'sleep' to save power.. you can try to resolve this through the Device Manager > Network Adapters > and the Properties of your WiFi adapter.. look for a tab on the Properties named Power Management..
Otherwise, it this is occuring on the WiFi Access Point, look for something in the interface to maintain Persistent Connections.. Since I do not use Netgear, I would have to find the manual to be sure.. but lets try the first option before we go on..