Question about Iomega Zip 100MB (31714) External ZIP Drive
How do I get into my zip drive 250 mb when i put a pass word on it?
1. Insert a blank disk into the zip drive
2. Give this disk a password (it can be any password, as long as you
3. Using the Ioega toolset, set the zip drive's sleep time to a large
value (such as 1 minute)
4. Wait a while until the drive "spins down". You will hear the drive
5. Take a pin or a straighten paper clip and stick it into a hole in
the back of the Zip drive. This will manually eject the blank disk.
6. Insert the disk you want to access (the one you don't know the
7. now use the IoMega toolset to remove the password. When prompted
for the password use the password from step (2).
This is just a word of warning in case you store any important information like I used to on zip disks. Perhaps move to a more secure medium.
Posted on Jul 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 15, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Nov 21, 2013 | Iomega 250GB Ego Portable HD Red 250 GB...
May 18, 2013 | Iomega ZIP 250 - Disk drive - ZIP ( 250 MB...
May 29, 2012 | Dell 250 MB ZIP Drive for OptiPlex Sys...
Dec 23, 2011 | Iomega Prestige 500 GB USB 20 Hard Drive
Aug 25, 2010 | Iomega ZIP 100 MB SCSI (10011) External...
Nov 28, 2009 | Iomega ZIP 100 MB USB External ZIP Drive
Jul 13, 2009 | 1994 Suzuki DR 350 S
Mar 21, 2009 | Iomega Zip 100MB (31714) External ZIP...
Mar 14, 2013 | Iomega Zip 100MB (31714) External ZIP...
425 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: