- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try checking the printer for foreign objects that might be interfering with the paper path. Tilt the printer sideways and try shaking it a bit. After that, try printing. If the issue persists, clean the rollers of the printer.
If the paper is moving freely in the printer and you are not experiencing any paper jams etc it may be possible the error is being indicated falsely.I would recommend firstly to ensure the tractor feeds on the printer are clean and free from a build up of paper dust etc. As the paper motion sensors are located on the tractor feeds. If after the printer is cleaned the error is still see the problem may be related for a setting for the Paper Motion Threshold in the printer. this is the point at which the printer detects an error. This value is dependant on a number of factors; Paper Type, condition of the printer etc.
Put the printer OFFLINE
Press and Hold down LINE FEED and ENTER until TECH ACCESS ON is displayed (approx. 5 seconds)
Press the MODE button
Press the DOWN ARROW until TEST is displayed
Press button 1
Press the DOWN ARROW until DIAG is displayed
Press button 2
Press the DOWN ARROW until PMOTTHR is displayed
Press button 3
Press the Either ARROW to set the value to 170 and then press ENTER to save the value.
Once you have completed the above sequence press and hold down the LINE FEED and ENTER KEYS to turn tech access off, you can then test the printer. If the above does not clear the message try increasing the value further. If the problem persits you may have a faulty paper motion sensor.
The problem is that the printer thinks that there is a paper jam inside the printer. What could be happening is that there was a paper jam the paper was pulled out but the actual sensor that detected the paper probably got damaged, either broken or malfunctioning. In this case try the following, turn off the printer and open the front cover. Then press and hold down the two front buttons while having the cover open and turn the printer on. Then wait untill the bottom light stays on solid then release the buttons that should reset the printer. If after that the paper jam error does not go away then you are probably looking at a damaged sensor. To fix that you will have to take it in to have it service. Hope it helps.
Paper jams can be tricky to solve. The paper is usually stuck inside the printer mechanism so even if there is no visible paper jam, you will still get the paper jam error. Try this:
1. Turn off your printer
2. Open all trays and remove any paper stuck there
3. Locate the button to open the printer, open it and remove any paper stuck there also.
4. Repeate the above step for all buttons that you can find to access the inside of the printer
5. Close all doors and put back all trays
6. Turn on your printer
NOTE: Please rate our help to keep this free service online.
There will be some form of error clear code that would need to be entered. It would be something like "holding down the print key and powering on the printer at the same time" The manual may tell you.
There are different combos for different manufacturers.
The rollers should be cleaned if the paper fails to feed smoothly into the unit. All document and media rollers should be cleaned using a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water.
1. The unit must be powered down and the power cord unplugged before cleaning the rollers. This will allow the rollers to be turned by hand in most cases. The paper should also be removed before cleaning the rollers.
2. Remove the rear access door to access the rollers. Clean any dust and debris from the rollers.
3. Open the unit and check the four small metal paper rollers (not the rubber rollers) in the interior of the unit. They should be clean and move freely. If these are not bright and shinny or have buildup on them, they should be cleaned. Also clean any dust and debris off of the rubber rollers.
4. Close the unit and reattach the rear access door.
5. Plug the power cord back in and power the unit up. It should reinitialize for about 20 seconds.
6. Print another extended self-test page.
==== Partial Reset ====
Press and hold # and 3 button on the unit while plugging in the power cord.
Note: For models that are not fax capable, press Plus (+) instead of #.
==== Semi Full Reset ====
Press and hold # and 6 button on the unit while plugging in the power cord.
NOTE: For models that are not fax capable, press plus (+) instead of #.
==== NVM RAM Reset ====
Press and hold OK and Cancel button while plugging in the power cord
Hi, Paper jams can be real or false. The all-in-one may report a paper jam when there is not any jammed paper, however, the solution to a real paper jam or a false paper jam is the same. To fix the paper Jam errors please try the following steps:
1. Confirm that no foreign materials are inside the machine. 2. Confirm that usable paper is set. 3. Confirm that the paper is set properly. 4. Confirm that recommended paper is used, and the number of sheets set in the auto sheet feeder is within the limit.
5. Disconnect the printer power cord as well as the printer cable form the printer.
6. Turn the printer upside down and shake the printer in order to remove any obstacle which is stuck inside the printer causing the paper jam error.
Open the printer cover and remove the cartridges and check carefully if there is any small piece of paper which is stuck inside, if so carefully remove it.
7. Disconnect the printer power cord and press and hold the power button on the printer for about 15 to 20 seconds( this will release the flee power) and reconnect the printer and check.