Question about Computers & Internet
Just adjust the Start In property in the shortcut within the Menu Tree.
Do Start > Settings > Taskbar and Start Menu. Click the Advanced tab. Click the Advanced button.
An Explorer window comes up with your menu tree as its source. In order, double-click the Programs, and then the Accessories folder. Right-click the Notepad icon and choose Properties. Type your preferred folder in the “Start In” text box, click OK and Notepad will start wherever you wish. Same procedure for WordPad.
Posted on May 09, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2016 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
on Jun 26, 2015 | Apple OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
May 14, 2014 | Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate for PC
The error code 80070005 usually means that you do not have enough permission to install updates.
First please confirm you have logged on an account with administrative privileges.
If the issue still occurs, lets' try the following method to reset the permissions:
1. Please download the subinacl.msi file from the following link and save the installation patch onto the Desktop:
2. Please go to the Desktop and double click the downloaded file.
3. Please select the C:\Windows\System32 folder as the Destination Folder during the installation. Later we will use this tool to reset the permission settings on the current machine.
Note: If the UAC (User Account Control) window is prompted for permission to continue, please click Continue.
4. Click Start, in the Start Search bar, type: "notepad" (without quotes) and press Enter.
5. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the open Notepad window:
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f
6. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose Save when you are prompted to save the file. Type "reset.bat" as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the save location.
7. Refer to the Desktop and right click the reset.bat file, and then choose "Run as administrator."
8. You will see a DOS-like window processing.
Note: It may take several minutes. Please be patient. When it is completed, you will be prompted with the message: "Finished, press any key to continue".
Try to install the updates again.
This issue can be also caused by third-party security programs such as firewalls and anti-virus software. You can disable or remove them to check the issue.
May 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 30, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Jan 10, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition...
Nov 26, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!