Question about Intel (RK80532PG0881M) Pentium 4, 3 GHz Processor
I have a Pentium 4 64 bit processor but i run Windows XP(32 bit) on it. Can the 64 bit edition (Windows XP x64) work on it?
The answer is no because your motherboard still only supports 32 bit drivers. Read On.
Here's what you need to use Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Important: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition cannot be successfully installed on x86 (32-bit) systems or 64-bit Intel Itanium–based systems. 32-bit device drivers are not supported on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
• Computer with a supported processor: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support
• 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended
• 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard-disk space (additional space may be required if installing over a network)
• CD-ROM or DVD drive
• Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
• Keyboard, Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device
Top of page Additional items or services required to use certain Windows XP features • 28.8-Kbps modem or fax modem and service provider required for Internet access (service provider may charge a fee)
• Sound requires a sound card and speakers (USB speakers require a computer with USB support) or headphones
• Remote Assistance requires that both parties be running Windows XP and be connected over a network
• Remote Desktop requires a computer running Windows 95 or later and the two computers must be connected over a network
• DVD video playback requires a DVD drive and DVD decoder card or DVD decoder software and 8 MB of video RAM
• Windows Movie Maker video capture feature requires an appropriate digital or analog video capture device and 400-MHz or faster processor for digital video camera capture
Posted on May 10, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Dec 23, 2015 | HP OFFICEJET PRO 6830 E-ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER
May 27, 2011 | Intel Motherboard
Jan 07, 2011 | Hitachi Travelstar 5K100 HTS541040G9AT00...
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Intel Pentium/Xeon family with EM64T
Windows XP Professional Edition
Service Release 2
Intel Pentium/Xeon family
Intel Celeron family
AMD Opteron family
Windows XP Home Edition
Service Pack 4
Dec 20, 2010 | Mathsoft Mathcad 11 Full Version for PC
Jun 10, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Apr 27, 2010 | Intel (P42000400512SK478) Pentium 4, 2 GHz...
Feb 07, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Dec 10, 2009 | Averatec 1000 Notebook
Feb 23, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Aug 02, 2009 | Intel (RK80532PG0881M) Pentium 4, 3 GHz...
278 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!