Standby light flashes green and red, the pattern is 11 flashes, is this serious
Submit the TV to an authorised SONY workshop for a quote and a full assessment of the actual problems. This repair could prove expensive/uneconomical, but it is up to you. The quote (and their second opinion) should help.
Here is a list of the problems that might have occurred indicated by the number of blinks:
* Unit is dead, No blinks = Problem in the standby power section. Might check fuse, R607, Q601, IC601, R612 and VDR601 (should show open).
* Continuous blink once a second, no pausing = No reply from the jungle IC301 (data bus is busy, shorted to ground, or held high), IK video path is defective.
* 1 blink = not used for the self-diagnosis
* 2 blinks = B+ over current protection (OCP), unit goes to the standby mode then displays the 2 blink fault. Could be a short in the power supply of any of the circuits.
* 3 blinks = B+ over voltage protection (OVP), unit goes to the standby mode then displays the 3 blink fault. This is also a problem in the power supply circuit, check T603 and R672.
* 4 blinks = No vertical Deflection (V STOP), Screen goes to a single horizontal line then the video signal muted. Check IC1509, Q1505
* 5 blinks = AKB circuit (automatic kine bias), the timer/standby indicator blinks for about 30 seconds then goes to the self-diagnosis function. Something is wrong with the video. Check video out, Q705, 732, 761 and other components on the C board, also check Q218, 219, 220 on the A board. In addition, unit could be in IK blanking, try turning up screen slightly.
* 6 blinks = No Horizontal (H STOP), no raster, goes to the blinking self-diagnosis function immediately. Check C515 & 516 and the jungle IC, IC206.
* 7 blinks = High voltage shutdown. The high voltage has exceeded 33k and the unit goes immediately into safety shutdown. Check power supply regulation and horizontal circuits.
* 8 blinks = Problem with the audio (AUDIO), unit goes to standby and blinks the self-diagnosis code. Check IC406 audio amp, PS401, and 402. On some projection models of Sony TV sets, this code means that T8005 (flyback transformer), or the associative components in the high voltage circuits are defective on the D board.
* 9 blinks = Replace D 6116 and D 6301 on the "G" board, do not resolder as this will fix the problem temporary. Or Panel Module Error or Thermal Error. If it is intermittent 9 blinks, meaning sometimes the TV comes on and other times you get flashing, then change the switching regulator on the "G" board or check connections. Make sure the regulator is -12 or -13 (negitive).
* 10 blinks = Check Q8014 and Q8013 for shorts, leakage, or bad solder connections on the " D" board. If the transistors are bad, check R8051 and IC8005, also on the "D" board.
I assume the TV has no picture/sound as a result.
Dec 15, 2010 |
Sony KV-36FS12 36" TV