My nokia 7610 was not functioning well when i switched it on nothing
came on except nokia and went off again. Then I went to Nokia Service
Centre and after Formatting (Not sure, whtever they did with my Mobile)
now I am not able to access memory card as it is asking for password
which is not set by me... and perhaps, we have tried it more than 5
times, It is showing locked memory card... Please suggest
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Nokia 7610 - MMC Password
Put ur locked memory card in N70 and format it... hope it will work... or go to some mobile repairing shop there you'll find a tool called MMC-unlocker... they will unlock it if you want your data back...
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
firstly dont insert your mmc back in it and then try to hard format it.
try with this *#7370# and after it gets formatted then just switch off your cell phone and then when your phone gets completely switched off then press and hold the send key (green) and while holding the send key press * (star key) and then number pad key 3 (three) hold them simultaneously and switch your cell phone back on and keep holding those keys till it shows FORMATTING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
i think your problem will solve with this. then you can insert your MMC and format it.
RESETTING PHONE BY NOKIA SECRET CODES (steps 1 and 2)
1st step : SOFT RESETTING NOKIA MOBILE
Take backups of ur phone books,calender and others, then
simply enter the code
2nd step : HARD RESETTING BY CODE
Just enter the code-
Then it asks for security code enter ur security code whose deafault value is
The battery must be full or the charger has to be connected to the phone so
that it does not run out of power and make the phone unusable.
Take backup of the contacts and other important data in MMC .
3rd step :FLASHING : ANOTHER METHOD FOR
HARD FULL FORMATTING
This step is known as flashing of phone. Always do this step at last (after 1st
2 steps are over and u are not successfull)
1. Make sure you phone is fully charged. (At minimum 3/4 of bettery should be
2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card (if
3. Switch-off your mobile phone.
4. Press and hold these three keys together
-Green dial key,-Star key (*)-Three key (3)
then press the power on/off to swtich on the 6600 phone.
Do not let go the three keys until you see the “formatting” screen displayed
5. After a few minutes, the format will be complete. Your mobile will now be at
its original factory settings (It will reach the same state as that in when you
If you encounter situation like below on your 7610,
1. Blank screen phone unable to reboot. 2. Phone only able to boot-up to "Nokia" word screen. 3. Install some program but not able to uninstall it after that. 4. Error messages such as "Child Installer" keeps popping-up.
Do a Full phone formatting on your 7610! as steps below,
1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left. 2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card. 3. Switch-off your 7610 phone. 4. Press and hold 3 keys; Green dial key, * (star key) & no. 3 key and then press the power on/off to swtich on the 7610 phone.
Remember, do not let go all of the keys and hold keys until you see a formatting word screen show!
5. After a few minutes when the Full phone formatting completed, your 7610 will back to original system and factory settting.
All apps installed & not of the phones' default will be lost. If you did a backup on your mmc, you can restore it back to the C drive again.
Thank you for rating this Tip