I have a Lexmark X5150. I started getting multiple on-screen messages about problems with the printer. First--the printer error 50C message, then a invalid port message. I had the black cartridge refilled and installed a brand-new color one. I am still getting the error 50c message. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the printer using the disc, removed the cartridges/ cleaned the cartridges, disconnected/reconnected the electrical source, and disconnected/reconnected the usb source. What else can I do????? Any suggestions are appreciated...........
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: error 50C message
Resetting purge counter:
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here's an article in the Lexmark website on "Cartridge Error 50C" and Other Errors on the Lexmark X5100/X6100 Series LCD Screen to guide you on what to do. Just click on this link: http://bit.ly/8Zf7ef. Follow the troubleshooting steps. Hope this helps.
Hi there Error 50c Gave it a go it may work for yours.
Regarding the Dell A940 "Error 50c"....the user guide doesn't seem to mention "Error 50c". They do, however, mention a "Cartridge Error" on page 52 of the manual. They claim this means that the printer has detected a short circuit (fuse/resister) in the cartridge. As you may or may not have noticed in the manual, this is what they recommend doing about it:
1) Press Power to turn the printer off.
2) Lift the printer cover/lid (scanner unit) until the scanner support holds it open.
3) Turn the printer on. The ink cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position unless the printer is busy.
4) Remove the color ink cartridge.
5) Lower the printer (scanner unit) until it is completely closed. If the error message displays again, replace the black cartridge with a new black cartridge.
If the error message does not display, repeat steps 1–3 and then go to step 6.
6) Reinstall the color cartridge and remove the black ink cartridge.
7) Lower the printer (scanner unit) until it is completely closed.
If the error message displays again, replace the color cartridge with a new color cartridge. If there is no error message (indicated by flashing lights), repeat steps 1–3 and then reinstall both ink cartridges. 8) Lower the printer (scanner unit) until it is completely closed.
If you get the error message again, while both cartridges are installed, replace both of the cartridges.
Basically, what they want you to determine is,....if the short circuit is with the "black ink" cartridge or the "color ink" cartridge and then replace the cartridge that has the problem.
You may have to buy a new cartrige. Please all I ask is call back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one, so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks