Question about Danze & Single Handle Tub And Shower Faucet

1 Answer

I cant get the shower spigot off to replace it - I cant see up in the "hole" on the underside to see if it needs a screwdriver or an allen wrench

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 490 Answers


Posted on Aug 31, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

When using the shower a strong water jet comes out the hole at the bottom reduce img the water power what can I do

If by "hole at the bottom" you're talking about the spout that fills the tub, and you must pull up on a knob on the top of the spout, then its an easy and inexpensive fix. The knob is the diverter and the seal is worn out. Replace with a new one you can buy at any hardware store. I suggest you remove the old one and take it with you as there are two pipe sizes. A strap wrench or large pair of channel lock pliers will do the job easily. Just grab the entire spout and twist counterclockwise, OR if there is a small hole on the underside of the spout, then a 1/8 or 3/16 Allen wrench will loosten the set screw that holds the spout on, then just wiggle as you pull on the spout to remove

Jul 28, 2016 | Jet Home

2 Answers

How do I unscrew the back of the computer box to replace the batteries. The two round topped, hexagon nut screws do not want to unscrew

To unscrew Hexagon screws you need the so caled ALLEN screwdrivers. You can bu a set in any retails store. There are severl models, more or less expensive. Probably the cheapes would do for you.

Xcelite 99PS40 Allen Hex Screwdriver Set 11 Piece

Pedro Folding Allen Wrench with Screwdrivers

Generic 30 Pc Allen Wrench Set SAE MM

Allen Wrenches and Hex Keys

Aug 03, 2015 | BOX Cycling

1 Answer

How to tighten shower door handles

On my glass shower door handles, one inside and one outside there are button like screws hold the shower handles on. If you look closely you will see a small hole in the edge of the button. This hole is used to turn the button screw. This is not an Allen set screw, but rather how you turn the button screw. Insert a small Allen wrench into the side hole and rotate the button screw (not the wrench which acts as a tightening bar) clockwise to tighten or counterclockwise to loosen.

Feb 11, 2012 | Home

1 Answer

We cannot get the handle off the tub/shower faucet

Look for a small little hole on the handle. I think you will need an Allen wrench that size that will turn the screw and remove the handle.

Dec 14, 2010 | Moen & One Handle Tub & Shower Faucet

1 Answer

When i pull up on the spigot, a substantial amount of water still flows from the spout rather than from the shower head. We, therefore, get an insufficient amout of water from the shower head. How can I...

The stopper inside the tub spout needs to be replaced depending on the make and model you may be able to replace just that part (higher end Models) otherwise you have to replace the spout. If you know the make and model I could help you further with this. If you decide to change the spout which you could get at any hardware store, DIY store, there are two types of spout hookups. One is friction the other is threaded. To see what type you have look underneath the spout if you see a screw hole then its friction. Either a screw driver or allen wrench will be required to remove spout. Loosen set screw and pull spout. If it's threaded turn spout counterclockwise to remove. Be sure to apply new teflon tape to threads before installing new spout. Tighten with hand until snug and apply a bead of caulk around the top and sides of spout at wall.
I hope this was of help to you, please rate the answer on how helpful it was. Good Luck and have a great day. Jeff

Apr 04, 2010 | Chrome Home

2 Answers

Trying to disassemble Ladylux Cafe faucet. Grohe

If it is just replacing the handle you will only need a smaller screwdriver set (pretty common) and an allen wrench. I don't know exactly what size you need but you can get a set of these wrenches pretty cheap at any tool or hardware store. Basically the tool is a hexagonal rod that is bent in the shape of an "L". You'll need the smaller set for this job sold usually in sets that have a range of sizes from .05" to 3/8" diameter. I would guess your hex nut is 1/8" or less.

On the bottom of the handle between the sink bed and the handle you'll be able to feel a small hole. When you stick the allen wrench in there it should fit snuggly if the allen wrench wiggles a lot go to the next size up. Since the screw is facing up you will pull the other end of the wrench toward you. This will loosen the screw. It will not take a lot of effort so if you have to force it make sure the allen wrench is actually seated. Kind of a pain but you'll have to reposition the wrench as you get it loosened to fully extract the screw.

Once the screw is out the handle will drop down and the cap just pulls off. Assembly is reverse but make sure that your screw is going into the threads without resistance before tightening. This will prevent cross threading.

Feb 15, 2010 | Grohe Model 28 206 OOO: Ladylux Plus...

1 Answer

How do you separate the handle from the faucet. Americian standard Gold faucet.?

On the underside of the handle, all the way back on the round part there will be a hile that is sometimes covers with an little cap that you need to pop off with a knife or a small screwdriver. In that hole is a set screw that you will need an allen wrench to loosen. An allen wrench is a six sided peice of metal that will fit into the six sided whole in the set screw. Different handles will take different sizes, so you will have to find the right size to fit snuggly into the set screw hole.
Loosen the set screw and then you should be able to lift the handle up and off of the stem.
Hope that this helps you to solve your problem.
Thanks for using Fixya!


Nov 21, 2009 | American Standard "Ceramix" Single Handle...

1 Answer

My handle is loose but I cannot find a tool that will fit the set screw. What is it, what size. Blade screw, Phillips Screw, Hex, torx, what? Moen T2442 single handle shower diverter.

It would be an allen wrench. Any typical multi sized wrench should have the proper sized allen wrench.

The holes can often become filled with grime so be sure to seat the wrench properly to prevent stripping.

Aug 07, 2009 | Moen & One Handle Tub & Shower Faucet

Not finding what you are looking for?
Danze & Single Handle Tub And Shower Faucet  Logo

Related Topics:

183 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Danze Home Experts


Level 3 Expert

4340 Answers

Rabbit Brains
Rabbit Brains

Level 3 Expert

575 Answers

Mike Herrington
Mike Herrington

Level 1 Expert

11 Answers

Are you a Danze Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides