Question about Whirlpool LGB6300 Gas Dryer
Hi Phillip. You are half way there by changing the ignitor. If a gas dryer burner lights and then rapidly goes out is it usually either a flame sensor. moisture sensor or high limit thermostat. I note you only get ONE light and it no longer lights.
Heater assembly or burner shuts off prematurely.
1. Improper or inadequate exhaust system.
1. Weather hood flapper maybe restricted.
1. See “Installation Instructions” for exhaust requirements.
Insufficient gas supply.
1. Verify gas shut-off valve is not partially open or closed.
1 Verify proper gas pressure is being supplied to unit.
(Dryer not properly equipped for type of gas
1 Verify gas type.
1 Refer to “Gas Burner Conversion Procedures”.
Improperly adjusted burner flame.
1 Properly adjust burner flame.
2. Limit thermostat cycling off. · Test limit thermostat and replace if failed.
3. Flame sensor contacts failed in closed position.
· Test flame sensor and replace if failed.
· Verify proper gas pressure is being supplied to unit.
4. Failed timer. · Test timer and replace if failed.
5. Failed electronic control. · Test electronic control and replace if failed.
6. Failed moisture sensing control. · Test moisture sensing control and replace if failed.
7. Broken, loose or incorrect wiring. · Refer to appropriate wiring diagram for correct wiring.
I still think we are dealing with a flame sensor, high limit thermostat or moisture sensor problem.
Things to check:
Check 1 The moisture sensor is inside the dryer on the left side of the access. Make sure it is clean and that there are NO metal objects in around or near it. Some times things like straight pins.. paper clips.. staples.. bobby pins et all make their way on to and around moisture sensors.
After that check out the flame sensor on the side of the ducting:
It should NOT read open. If it does or has a really high resistance it can be the culprit.
Then you will need to test the gas valve solenoids there are 2 different types. 3 pin and 2 pin http://applianceguru.com/dryers/gasdryervalveohms.gif
If found bad they are replaced as a set:
There is still the thermistor and or the high limit thermostat depending on model.
Thanks for choosing FixYa.
Posted on Aug 31, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 22, 2013 | Maytag Dryers
May 10, 2010 | Dryers
Dec 08, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Jul 11, 2009 | Dryers
Mar 07, 2009 | Maytag MDG6000 Dryer
Nov 19, 2008 | Whirlpool SB160PEE Gas Single Oven
Jul 27, 2008 | Dryers
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: